[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

What Apple Announced Today

Daniel Payne

I watched most of the Apple announcement today, and have a quick summary for you.

Accessibility
They started out with a cool video on how people with limited abilities can have a richer life by using Apple products.

iPhone 7
Tim Cook is in love with this product, the number one money-maker for the company. It takes nice photos (if you know how to compose).

Japanese users of the iPhone can now use ApplePay to buy transit tickets, saving them time and frustration from queuing up and bringing cash or change.

Apple Watch
Apple Watch 2 - it's shiny, new, people are buying it. He forgot to mention the decline in Watch sales year over year.

App - TV
Users of Apple TV have lots of apps, so Apple came out with TV to help with your binge watching of content from anywhere and everywhere.

MacBook Pro
Refresh of the 13" and 15" models, lighter, smaller, faster. New Touch Bar replaces your top row of function keys, Touch Pad is bigger, power button reads your fingerprint for security and user switching. They continue to use Intel processors and have a 5K display. Big disappointment - no 17" MacBook Pro, it's been orphaned since 2011 and loyal users like me really want Apple to bring this big screen size back to life with modern components.

Marketspeak
Apple speakers love to use superlatives thickly at these events: lovely, amazing, cool, gorgeous, awesome, totally.

Disclaimer - I own AAPL stock, an iPad, MacBook Pro and iPod.

Back