Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/tsmc-tsm-january-sales-hit-new-high.5516/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2020771
            [XFI] => 1050170
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

TSMC (TSM) January sales hit new high

hist78

TSMC's January revenue is not only the highest in the single month history but also challenges the seaonal slowdown tradition.

TSMC January sales hit new high | Economics | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

"In January, TSMC posted NT$87.12 billion (US$2.77 billion) in consolidated sales, up 25.3 percent from a month earlier and a massive 69.4 percent from a year earlier. The January figure beat the previous one-month high of NT$80.74 billion recorded in October 2014."

I suspect in addition to Apple and Qualcomm, TSMC probably found a way to diversify their client base to achieve a better overall result.

Last edited:

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
The majority of revenue is 28nm and 20nm I believe. This will continue throughout the year without a doubt with other SoC companies starting to ship 20nm products. 14/16nm will bring change but maybe not what you expect. There is a major legal issue brewing between TSMC and Samsung which I will write about next and that may change the foundry landscape once again. I was also at UMC last week and I would guess you will see big numbers from them at 28nm with TI, QCOMM, MDTK, etc...

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
Wow:

Taiwan’s semiconductor foundry supplier Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp., or TSMC (2330,TW/TSM), jumped 3.9% in Taiwan. TSMC now plans to pay a cash dividend of 4.5 new Taiwan dollars per share for 2014, up from NT$3 per share in each of the previous six years. Last year, TSMC’s net income jumped 34.6% year-on-year to NT$263.9 billion as Apple switched from Samsung Electronics (005930.KS/SSNLF) to TSMC to manufacture its well-received iPhone 6 and 6 Plus chips.