Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/tsmc-has-500-engineers-for-az-fabs.16202/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

TSMC has 500+ Engineers for AZ Fabs

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
Contrary to public opinion:

TSMC is making excellent traction in its recruitment of employees to our Arizona fab. A year ago, we hit our first milestone of 250 TSMC Arizona employees. Today, we have over 500 Arizona employees training in Taiwan, working alongside each other on some of the world’s most advanced chip-making equipment. We can’t wait to bring these employees, and their families, back to Phoenix starting later this year with new skills to prepare for the new Arizona operation.

#TSMCArizona

TSMC AZ Hiring.jpg

Contrary to public opinion:

TSMC is making excellent traction in its recruitment of employees to our Arizona fab. A year ago, we hit our first milestone of 250 TSMC Arizona employees. Today, we have over 500 Arizona employees training in Taiwan, working alongside each other on some of the world’s most advanced chip-making equipment. We can’t wait to bring these employees, and their families, back to Phoenix starting later this year with new skills to prepare for the new Arizona operation.

#TSMCArizona

View attachment 794

A company like TSMC can and must recruit talents across the whole US and the globe. It's kind of funny to see some people in Arizona think only Arizona can provide the most of TSMC new hires.

Source:
From somebody to nobody: TSMC faces uphill battle in US talent war

Last edited:
I am curious how or if TSMC's corporate culture is going to change with this fab and more globally in the future:

"Over the years, I've been stationed at Intel, Micron, UMC and TSMC's plants, and I can say TSMC has the strictest, most disciplined corporate culture of all of them," the manager said. "My colleagues and I met and chatted with some of the trainees from the U.S. at TSMC's plant in Taiwan last year. ... Many of them had culture shock and asked how TSMC employees could survive such a strict, military-like culture. A few actually dropped out of the program."

(I suspect there's a lot of US-based companies these same people would have dropped out of as well).

I am curious how or if TSMC's corporate culture is going to change with this fab and more globally in the future:

"Over the years, I've been stationed at Intel, Micron, UMC and TSMC's plants, and I can say TSMC has the strictest, most disciplined corporate culture of all of them," the manager said. "My colleagues and I met and chatted with some of the trainees from the U.S. at TSMC's plant in Taiwan last year. ... Many of them had culture shock and asked how TSMC employees could survive such a strict, military-like culture. A few actually dropped out of the program."

(I suspect there's a lot of US-based companies these same people would have dropped out of as well).

To begin with, a factory job is not an easy job typically. TSMC and those new US hires will need to make adjustments wherever they make sense. It's a learning process for both TSMC and employees.

On the other hand it's a boot camp process to filter out those people (not bad people) who may be better to pursue other jobs or different career opportunities as early as possible.

It's also a challenge in terms of culture difference and conflicts. I believe TSMC can find a way to build a unique and stronger one. It's because their successful global business reach already showed they can work with various kinds of people from anywhere and everywhere, including some very difficult countries and companies.

Back