Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/the-biden-administration-suspends-chips-act-r-d-funding-for-the-ntsc.19961/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

The Biden Administration suspends CHIPS Act R&D funding for the NTSC

Since I can’t find any other references easily, perhaps I did fall for April 1st wishful thinking. Unfortunate if that’s all it is.
Definitely the least outrageous April Fool’s news article I saw this cycle. I immediately put this one in the possible bucket. Given the fake news social media environment we’re living in, I always look for multiple sourcing of any “news” in a posting. So I only confirmed the “joke” the same way you did - no other sources.

Given the fake news social media environment we’re living in, I always look for multiple sourcing of any “news” in a posting.
I do that too with any news story I think is important - get other perspectives. For semiconductor industry news stories even more so. Many journalists, even those that often report on the semi industry, seem to have no idea what they're talking about.

Definitely the least outrageous April Fool’s news article I saw this cycle. I immediately put this one in the possible bucket. Given the fake news social media environment we’re living in, I always look for multiple sourcing of any “news” in a posting. So I only confirmed the “joke” the same way you did - no other sources.

The April 1st version of of Robert Marie's post got a ridiculous amount of views (300k+) so I know why they do it (fake news). Some people don't have a sense of humor however so I do get blowback.

Back