Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/tech-the-solution-to-economic-downturn.16971/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Tech, the Solution to Economic Downturn?

Arthur Hanson

Tech offers the opportunity to create economic efficiencies and leverage at a previously unimaginable scale from raw materials to energy to production of goods and services. It also has the ability to lower costs and US medical is the place to start where it consumes twenty cents of every dollar. Canadian medical is the place to start that delivers medical seven notches better at half the cost per person. Even Canadian medical could use tech to lower costs a significant amount. Apple is already seeing the staggering opportunity medical offers even at the edges. This is a golden opportunity for tech to bring some of the large gains in efficiency and product quality it has made in other areas. Tech should make US medical its next great challenge. For starters, it must use social media to expose the massive corruption, special interests and mark ups in one of the most wasteful systems in the world. For starters individual doctor's offices should be eliminated except in sparsely populated areas for the efficiency of these is near zero and have no way of offering the expertise, equipment or scale needed for efficient, high quality operations. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

In my opinion US's bloated medical cost is most a political problem, not technological. US has the most advanced medical tech and continues to innovate. But the entire medical care system is so complex with layers and layers of added cost. In today's extreme political climate where one party is against everything the other party proposes, no matter what, I do not believe this can be solved any time soon.

In my opinion US's bloated medical cost is most a political problem, not technological. US has the most advanced medical tech and continues to innovate. But the entire medical care system is so complex with layers and layers of added cost. In today's extreme political climate where one party is against everything the other party proposes, no matter what, I do not believe this can be solved any time soon.
Much of the medical cost problem is transparency. Advertising, marketing and administration eat up a significant portion of the cost and tech could clear up much of this problem. Banning advertising would be a great start, for most doctors are not qualified outside of their field and patients almost not at all. Despite this tech still can offer very significant savings in many areas of medical.

Back