Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/t-j-rodgers-second-act-age-and-accomplishment.17285/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

T J Rodgers Second Act, Age and Accomplishment

Arthur Hanson

T J Rodgers looks like his second act may be as impactful as his first. I have personally met and known two people who worked into their late seventies and early eighties at the cutting/bleeding edge. An active mind is critical to good health. Note, sadly the AN24 they used, the only one in existence, was recently destroyed in the war. Morris Chang has shown everyone that age should not be a barrier to accomplishment.

Last edited:
Good for TJ. He has always been sharp.
But then you also look at Biden and Trump. Age does matter and is a barrier ;-)
As commander and chief of the armed forces of the greatest power on earth, the President should meet military physical and mental standards, Biden meets neither.

Which commander in chief of a major world power could me those military physical standards? If you wonder why his speaking ability seems sub par, it is because he had a speech defect which he worked hard to nearly overcome. Please, less obvious political sniping on Semiwiki. It deserves better.

Which commander in chief of a major world power could me those military physical standards? If you wonder why his speaking ability seems sub par, it is because he had a speech defect which he worked hard to nearly overcome. Please, less obvious political sniping on Semiwiki. It deserves better.
Since there are only three major world powers this is a loaded question. The US, Russia and China and all three world leaders are horrible. I have known many people at seventy who are smart, fit and all there, in fact I have known some at eighty. It's sad that the three top powers have such poor leadership. The semi sector holds many keys to monitoring and helping keep fit mentally and physically, in fact I see this as one of the larger growth areas for the tech sector. The older and senior markets hold the most disposable wealth and with medical consuming four trillion dollars in the US alone this is probably the best growth market for semis and tech. Tech has also given the world more transparency than ever before, giving the world a more accurate view of their leaders. Tech and semis have changed the game radically in just the last ten years and the pace of change is accelerating. There are no secrets and more opportunities of more types than ever before. Tech is either in everything or influencing it. By the way, I had a severe speech defect and through my parents, school and personal hard work I overcame it and that was just one of the disabilities I had to overcome. I was born with dyslexia and dyspraxia also. There is no excuse for Biden.

Last edited:
Since there are only three major world powers this is a loaded question. The US, Russia and China and all three world leaders are horrible. I have known many people at seventy who are smart, fit and all there, in fact I have known some at eighty. It's sad that the three top powers have such poor leadership.
It is because everyone at that age who has a brain still does not want to lead their country (at least in the US).
Sad, but understandable - at least to me.

As commander and chief of the armed forces of the greatest power on earth, the President should meet military physical and mental standards, Biden meets neither.
Even still I feel miles safer with a declining Biden then that absolutely insane orange narcissist we had previously.

Anybody hitting 80 years with sane brains would not think that leading a country at such age is a sane idea.
I agree fully, the people I have known who are sharp and at the top of their fields at eighty, have had no desire for leadership roles and everyone of them has dedicated their lives to making the world a better place and done it is such a way as to leverage their work to benefit the largest number of people possible, ranging from thousands to tens of millions.

Back