Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/sub-threshold-voltage-supply-for-iot.9424/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Sub-threshold voltage supply for IoT

Torq

I am looking for Big companies which provide R&D in the sub-threshold voltage supply for purposes of IoT.
Does anybody know such companies?

I am very curious about this power mode of operation so i am looking for new ASIC design opportunities in this field. I prefer to work on things which are interesting for me, this is my credo.
But i am not sure that anyone in the industry is close enough to represent sub-threshold chips to market. That is why i ask.

Intel's experiments do not look like a serious try: they just lowered the supply voltage below normal, and that revealed inoperability of their RAM+Cache. It seems they didn't actually want to make a commercial product.
Anyway the near-threshold and the sub-threshold voltages are quite different from each other, because a power consumption may differ by a number of decades in both of this power modes. So, the sub-threshold mode is much more suitable for IoT and energy harvesting applications than near-threshold voltage supply.
But, thank You anyway. I never heard about Ambiq Micro.

Back