Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/semis-ecosystem-as-valuable-as-semis.12611/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Semis, Ecosystem as Valuable as Semis

Arthur Hanson

The value of the semi/nanotech ecosystem extends far beyond semis and nanotech devices and has unrealized potential to be extended to numerous other areas. The systems such as EDA and manipulation of materials by numerous means have much additional value that remains to be fully exploited in numerous ways and methods. The potential uses of the gold mine of IP of numerous types that has been developed and yet to be developed to be applied across a very wide range of uses is to great to not be taken into account. The mining and finding additional uses for IP will become a field not only for the semi/nanotech sector, but numerous other areas. There is a gold mine of valuable information out there and the semi/nanotech sector has mastered handling knowledge I feel better than any other sector. This has the potential to greatly accelerate the progress of the semi/nanotech sector by more efficient dissemination of knowledge by spreading costs over a much wider base and more efficient use of information internally as well as externally. Few if any fields have matched the speed of progress of the semi/nanotech sector for developing and exploiting knowledge to its fullest. This process in itself may have as much or maybe in the future even more value than the semi/nanotech devices produced and may even produce more value for the sector by developing more applications for the wide range of products they produce. Integrating this ethos at every level of development instead of an after thought or add on at the end may have the power to change the world for the better at an even fast pace. This is a rough thought and any additions are welcome and appreciated.

Back