Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/i-thought-this-may-be-an-interesting-company.11148/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

I thought this may be an interesting company.

P

Portland

It's a fabless company that makes processors specifically for ai. You never know in a sink or swim world of engineering but it could be something.

AI performance, not stories | Home | Habana Labs

Habana Labs was founded in 2016 to unlock the true potential of AI by providing an order of magnitude improvements in processing performance, cost and power consumption. The company set out to develop AI processors from the ground up, optimized for the specific needs of training deep neural networks and for inference deployment in production environments. Habana Labs is a fabless semiconductor company located in Tel-Aviv, Israel, San Jose, California, Gdansk, Poland and Beijing, China employing over 120 people worldwide. It is led by top technologists and entrepreneurs
that built multiple successful semiconductor companies and is backed by premier venture capitalists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting find. This area is ripe for breakthrough solutions, though I expect if they really do well they will be snapped up quickly by one of the big-8 (or 7 or 9, I forget which)

Back