Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/how-many-euv-machines-at-mu-utah-fab.14408/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

How many EUV machines at MU Utah fab?

Arthur Hanson

I know MU sold the fab for 900M, were there EUV machines there, and how many? And if so, did MU maintain ownership of them?

From internet searches the Utah fab is 25nm used for abandoned Xpoint
NVM memory with Intel. I assume TI wants the fab equipment and will
repurpose the fab to analog.

"The economic value of the sale weighs in at $1.5 billion for Micron. Texas Instruments will pay $900 million in cash for the fab, while Micron will recoup another $600 million from secondary sales of additional tools and other assets. Micron has already lined up buyers for several of those assets, while other assets will either be sold to other buyers or shipped out to its other Micron manufacturing sites. In addition, TI will convert the 300mm facility for 65nm and 45nm production. It will also attempt to retain all of the Lehi, Utah employees after the closing of the sale, which is planned to occur by the end of the calendar year."

It makes one wonder how Intel will keep up its own Optane supply. New Mexico should have picked up as many of the fab resources as possible, I would have thought.

I know MU sold the fab for 900M, were there EUV machines there, and how many? And if so, did MU maintain ownership of them?
No EUV at this site, only ArF and possibly immersion tools. Just a reminder that TI focus is in fact on analog, but by no means is that all that they do. They still make many embedded processors & micro-controllers and have logic technology down to the level currently in use at Lehi. It won't likely simply shift to all "analog"...

Back