Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/china-has-launched-full-scale-ai-semi-war.12966/page-2
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

China has launched Full Scale AI/Semi War

Semiconductors is all about politics now.... Good and bad I guess.

It looks like SMIC is next.

"South Korean firms are bracing for significant drop in sales. " A large portion of their market affected, apparently.

Yet, conflict metals from the Congo (another chip-related political hotbed) haven't received such attention and activity.

I thought by now most people already knew globaltimes.cn is owned by Chinese Communist Party and it's a 100% propaganda machine. From its past reporting, it proves again and again that its credibility is close to zero. Can we not spend too much time to dig into what they said or what they claimed?

I did not add to my original post of this link but added later that it was interesting that China was not putting weight behind the market origin anymore. Certainly makes me wonder why.

Start with the optical router by Cisco, a close associate was lead engineer and go forward to two theft cases brought by TSMC in Alameda county and Santa Clara county courts and literally thousands of others across many fields. The theft is massive, across many fields for years, Google it if you want thousands of examples. They also abused the discovery process in US courts to steal secrets.

Do you know how many IP related law suit against big tech companies like Apple/Microsoft/Samsung etc every year? A lot. There are thousands of ongoing cases among tech companies even as we speak.

The US stole rocket engine and missile technology from Nazi Germany.

ASML stole IP from Nikon,and they had to pay over $100m to Nikon to settle it down.

IP theft is something Western firms are rather familiar with

Do you know how many IP related law suit against big tech companies like Apple/Microsoft/Samsung etc every year? A lot. There are thousands of ongoing cases among tech companies even as we speak.

The US stole rocket engine and missile technology from Nazi Germany.

ASML stole IP from Nikon,and they had to pay over $100m to Nikon to settle it down.

IP theft is something Western firms are rather familiar with

I don't understand the logic behind all those cases you mentioned, even if those case are true. But first please skip the missile/Nazi things. Do you think after killing millions of innocent people, Nazi can still have the right to claim their "intellectual property"?

I don't think those cases you mentioned in anyway entitled CCP a right to do stealing.

TSMC can become such a powerful company today because they build a platform and an eco system that honor trust, integrity, and shared prosperity.

The semiconductor industry has benefited greatly from employees moving from one company to the next starting with the traitorous eight:

"The newly founded Fairchild Semiconductor soon grew into a leader of the semiconductor industry. In 1960, it became an incubator of Silicon Valley and was directly or indirectly involved in the creation of dozens of corporations, including Intel and AMD. These many spin-off companies came to be known as "Fairchildren". "

It's in our business DNA, just my opinion of course.

Towerjazz was a victim of cybercrime. So it happens and a lot of people are doing it.

It looks like the AI/ML/Semi war is heating up, what I have said previously stands. AI/ML/Semis are all converging to bring the greatest change in the history of man and untold power that literally can leverage itself in everything in more ways than we can imagine. More than ever, wisdom, courage and patience is going to be needed for these great powers if misused will have the power to alter history and we all should be interested in a favorable result, for if mishandled the results could dwarf any destructive power mankind has ever faced before.

Back