Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/broadcom-apple-5g-and-multi-chip.18034/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Broadcom, Apple, 5G, and multi-chip

Apple extended their long-term contract with Broadcom and it now includes 5G modems. The chips are to be made in the USA, Colorado. Meanwhile, Apple along with TSMC, has been moving aggressively to multi-chip. Might Apple ask TSMC to integrate Broadcom's 5G chips into a multi-chip module? I ask because the contract is multi-year.

Apple extended their long-term contract with Broadcom and it now includes 5G modems. The chips are to be made in the USA, Colorado. Meanwhile, Apple along with TSMC, has been moving aggressively to multi-chip. Might Apple ask TSMC to integrate Broadcom's 5G chips into a multi-chip module? I ask because the contract is multi-year.

Yes, definitely. I would also guess that TSMC will make Broadcom chips in AZ when ready.

And the follow up. Will the Broadcom chips be integrated into MCM's? I recall from listening to several of your podcast interviews that data transfer, speed and latency, is full of innovations that yield significant performance gains at the system level.

Back