Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/battle-for-soc-interconnet-sonics-vs-arteris.1078/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Battle for SoC interconnet - Sonics vs Arteris

simguru

Sonics is suing Arteris for patent infringement. I find this interesting partly because I worked at Sonics, and I was under the impression that Arteris used a packet-switching technology rather than a straight-up bus. So maybe someone who is up-to-date on Arteris can comment.

<script src="http://platform.linkedin.com/in.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="IN/Share" data-counter="right"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
You can find the complaint here:

Sonics Inc. :: Company

I will take a close look at it this weekend and see what I can find out. I'm not a fan of companies using legal channels to unfairly compete. If that is the case here it will certainly backfire.

Other comments or professional opinions would be greatly appreciated!

D.A.N.

Sonics sues Arteris for infringing patents

Sonics chief executive Grant Pierce claims he made multiple attempts to negotiate a licensing deal with Arteris starting in 2009. "The patents we are asserting here are ones we filed before Arteries was founded," he said.

Arteris refutes Sonics infringement claims

"It is disappointing that Sonics has chosen to try to slow down Arteris’ market momentum through legal means rather than competing fairly in the marketplace," said Charlie Janac, chief executive of Arteris, "We believe that Arteris will emerge from this legal action with an even stronger market and IP position," he added.

Sonics is suing Arteris for patent infringement. I find this interesting partly because I worked at Sonics, and I was under the impression that Arteris used a packet-switching technology rather than a straight-up bus. So maybe someone who is up-to-date on Arteris can comment.

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://platform.linkedin.com/in.js"></SCRIPT>
inShare2​
<SCRIPT type=IN/Share+init data-counter="right"></SCRIPT>

I had a quick look at Sonics products; apparently they propose (since September 2011) a NoC product which is: "Serialized, virtual channel based, packetized fabric" named: "SonicsGN". So it's not a straight-up bus...

I will investigate a little more, and come back!</SPAN></SPAN>

Back