Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/apple-must-go-into-medical.18546/page-2
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Apple Must Go Into Medical

I really don't care if it's Apple, another company or the government, US medical is consuming so many resources in the most inefficient manner possible that it is the greatest threat to the US and its citizens. I'm open to any solutions that work, our current system is an embarrassing failure not only in results, but costs. Any other thoughts or solutions welcome.

Healthcare is already becoming increasingly unaffordable in many regions. While I do see the technical opportunity, I am doubtful whether Apple (or any other big tech player) entering this market would help to bring down overall cost.
Apple isn't the first name that springs to mind when talking cost reduction. Neither for products or services. Perhaps there are examples, but little immediately springs to mind.

I really don't care if it's Apple, another company or the government, US medical is consuming so many resources in the most inefficient manner possible that it is the greatest threat to the US and its citizens. I'm open to any solutions that work, our current system is an embarrassing failure not only in results, but costs. Any other thoughts or solutions welcome.
This is something that really surprised me during a short period living and working in the US. You imagine - from overseas - that there isn't any real beaureacracy in the US. But when the US do it, they really knock it out of the park. Most things are incredibly quick and efficient (like airport car hire). But just a few are inexplicably difficult. It's not as if you don't know how to do things quickly and efficiently ...

Healthcare in the US is horrible. Disruption is necessary. I don't care who does it Apple, Tesla, Nvidia, whatever but it must change. I trust my iPhone with my life already so why not Apple?
Because while you might be happy to do so today, times and companies change. Eveerything has a lifecycle. Even Apple. You have no guarantees that this level of trust can be maintained. And because we don't design complex engineering systems with single points of failure. Or at least I hope we don't. Yes, some change seems essential. But over-centralisation probably isn't the right way to go.

Apple is not the only answer, but one of many that could be put together by the tech industry. Robotic and robotic assisted medical procedures will be our best hope to lower medical costs in the the US. Also the business structure of much of medical is about horrible inefficiency and waste and also needs to be reformed and in this area tech could be a very valuable resource to increase efficiency in this area. I also feel medical by remote could dramatically lower costs in many instances. Medical will change or severely damage the country and may even destroy the country financially.

Back