Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/anti-corruption-investigations-at-china-big-fund.16560/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Anti-Corruption investigations at China Big Fund

Anti-corruption campaign in communist systems means that they are just changing organization structure. They can't simply fire high ranking officials (see ARM china). Corruption allegation is most effective way to do so.
To date RMB 55 billion of Big Fund II has been invested in foundry expansion, RMB 18 billion in design, and RMB 13 billion in ATP. Very little has gone into equipment or materials. While this could be more related to the costs involved in chip manufacturing, which far outweigh the cost needed for equipment research, one would think this key bottleneck would have more focus. To date only around RMB 500 million seems to have been invested into equipment. For comparison, Dutch semiconductor equipment maker ASML spent 2.55 billion euros (RMB 17.67 billion) alone on research and development in 2021.
Very interesting. So is China self-reliant here? Do they really have domestic 28nm process?

By the way if they have domestic 28nm with single exposure: can they do 20/16 with SADP? And following 10/7nm with SAQP? All on domestic equipment. I think it is strange that communist media don't push this idea since it would be great propaganda victory.

Anti-corruption campaign in communist systems means that they are just changing organization structure. They can't simply fire high ranking officials (see ARM china). Corruption allegation is most effective way to do so.

Very interesting. So is China self-reliant here? Do they really have domestic 28nm process?

By the way if they have domestic 28nm with single exposure: can they do 20/16 with SADP? And following 10/7nm with SAQP? All on domestic equipment. I think it is strange that communist media don't push this idea since it would be great propaganda victory.
Interesting theory about "corruption" being a code for "poor performance", in the authoritarian world.

On the other hand, there is some evidence of corruption (1.5B USD unaccounted) at Wuhan Hongxin (HSMC):

Interesting theory about "corruption" being a code for "poor performance", in the authoritarian world.

On the other hand, there is some evidence of corruption (1.5B USD unaccounted) at Wuhan Hongxin (HSMC):

Ooh! Asianometry did a video on them? Thanks, I hadn't seen that one.

Ooh! Asianometry did a video on them? Thanks, I hadn't seen that one.
Out of the trio HSMC was the first to go down. The murmurs of fire to be starting under YMTC are already there. But I was surprised how CXMT is still afloat. They were caught redhanded by exhibiting Micron dies as a sample of their own 1X DRAM.

Back