Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/amd-set-to-challenge-intel-with-xilinx-acquisition.14664/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

AMD set to Challenge Intel with Xilinx acquisition?

Arthur Hanson

Will AMD take a bite out of Intel with its acquisition of Xilinx? How is Gelsinger doing so far leading Intel or is Intel going to get hurt by Nvidia, AMD, and others each taking a bite out of Intel with TSM and their partners taking bites out of Intel on what seems a constant and increasing cadence? Any thoughts and comments appreciated.

Will AMD take a bite out of Intel with its acquisition of Xilinx? How is Gelsinger doing so far leading Intel or is Intel going to get hurt by Nvidia, AMD, and others each taking a bite out of Intel with TSM and their partners taking bites out of Intel on what seems a constant and increasing cadence? Any thoughts and comments appreciated.

I started this comment by comparing some financials, but I decided to stop because anyone can compare those and extrapolate some predictions.

I was reading an article two months ago which was focused on the same topic: Intel VS AMD. One of the interesting things when you look at Intel/AMD history is that AMD was competing at times, but mostly Intel was winning. Either because they had better tech and strategy or because they used shady tactics.

AMD of today was literally in some ways created by Intel. They know Intel used shady tactics and they are far more resilient against those and they also know Intel is very tough so they are not sitting still.

Also it depends if Intel will be able to find and execute on new opportunities like quantum computing, neuromorphic computing or whatever will dominate. Because making great chips isn't enough anymore.

Back