[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

AMD going after Nvidia,

Arthur Hanson

Competition is good, and AMD wants to compete in both hardware and software. A two horse race can only help progress which I feel is only going to speed up as AI feeds on itself. If we get it to compound on itself we could literally be looking at an explosion of knowledge and progress in numerous areas. The world certainly needs this with the numerous challenges we face.

Competition is good, and AMD wants to compete in both hardware and software. A two horse race can only help progress which I feel is only going to speed up as AI feeds on itself. If we get it to compound on itself we could literally be looking at an explosion of knowledge and progress in numerous areas. The world certainly needs this with the numerous challenges we face.
AMD has been taking on NVIDIA for years, and always had been trying to compete in AI. The problem is, they always finish second, out of two. Now with Intel involved, even second seems difficult.

AMD has been taking on NVIDIA for years, and always had been trying to compete in AI. The problem is, they always finish second, out of two. Now with Intel involved, even second seems difficult.
Intel doesn't have anything powerful ready to compete with AMD or Nvidia. AMD may not attain first position in next 10-15 years in AI but they will be a strong competition.

AMD does seem to have a "reasonable" code/library conversation process to use Instinct accelerators with ROCm. I don't know of any specific major software rewrites using it, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. The fact that they are continuing to invest and Lisa Su talks about it (while Intel changes the brand on their "AI" GtM support libraries every ~6 months), is a good sign.

Back