Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/ai-ml-to-end-the-world-as-we-know-it.11077/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

AI/ML to End the World as We Know It

Arthur Hanson

The world isn't going to end, it's just going to end as we know it.

The most valuable skill in the future is going to be the integration and management of AI/ML into everything and unlike other jobs will go to a foundry/platform model early for this is the only way for people to keep up with a field that is going to be more diverse and complex than any other field. With AI/ML going to extend its reach into every facet and corner of our lives and the world, advancing at an ever accelerating rate, the world as we know it is going to end. It is going to up end the value and much of traditional education, training and career paths in ways most can't even contemplate. The most valuable skill set in the future will be implementing, integrating and managing AI/ML using a foundry/platform model. This is why the race is on to not only build AI/ML, but to be the dominate platform early and almost all companies involved are racing to do it. This will follow the foundry/platform model for that is by far the most efficient, effective ways of handing extremely complex systems that change at an ever accelerating rate and is similar in many ways to the semiconductor industry that created it.

The depth, breadth and ever accelerating speed of advancement will require us to take charge of these changes and if we don't the damage to the social, financial, cultural and political systems will reek a form a chaos, conflict and types of war we have never seen before. This is why a platform/foundry model will be the best way of handling the dramatic power and implications of the birth of the AI/ML revolution. These platforms will soon displace much of our educational system or force it to adapt at a rate of change it has never achieved before and change to the point we won't even recognize it. Education will go to a platform/subscription model, for that will be the only way to keep up skill set wise and not have the decay in value of education that will only accelerate until traditional models are obsolete. We have already had robotic systems that have made drug discoveries on their own. All of this holds literally extreme amounts of promise to advance every endeavor of mankind at a rate that will take our advancements to unimagined heights and places enriching our lives in ways never thought possible.

When combined with not only autonomous vehicles, but autonomous robots/robotics in many areas we will enter a world few now can even contemplate. AI/ML will even dominate management, design and creative fields of endeavor. The best hope we can have is to learn from the best platform/foundry/ecosystems we have. I feel Salesforce, TSM, Apple, ARM, Google and Amazon will be among <msreadoutspan class="msreadout-line-highlight">the leaders in these areas, each having their particular specialty and <msreadoutspan class="msreadout-word-highlight">I</msreadoutspan> hope they have the wisdom, not just the skill or resources to handle it, for more than</msreadoutspan> even they know depends on it.

AI/ML can either be the unmatched advancement of mankind or its destruction, the choices we make now will determine what direction we go in and is far to important to be left to chance. By far, AI/ML will have the greatest impact on everything in the history of mankind, especially it we take it to the point it becomes a new form of sentient life that only a very few have imagined and contemplated.

This is the first of a series of forums I will write on this. Thoughts, opinions and observations solicited and wanted.

Last edited:
I remember hearing something similar when computers came about. Computers would take people's jobs etc... AI is a bit more concerning but I do believe it is for the greater good. Most certainly AI will be weaponized but I do believe the good guys will outpace the bad all things considered.

I remember hearing something similar when computers came about. Computers would take people's jobs etc... AI is a bit more concerning but I do believe it is for the greater good. Most certainly AI will be weaponized but I do believe the good guys will outpace the bad all things considered.

Dan, I agree with you that the AI/ML advance will turn out for the good, but the world as we know it will end and become an entirely new place I feel with all traditional social, business, governmental, personal structures being upended to the point of being unrecognizable from current standards. Jobs won't disappear, they will just change as they have in the past and have already changed in retail and taxi services among many others radically in just a few years. Even the basis of right and wrong will be open to change. Never has mankind fully contemplated the idea of a sentience that is artificially created that could live everywhere and anywhere. The acceleration of everything will leave even the most forward thinking breathless I believe. I don't feel this change is that far off and we are just starting to see the faint leading edges now, even though most don't see or understand it.

Last edited:
AI, if we can handle properly, will speed up the "Great Acceleration" dramatically, increasing our options in everything from jobs, education. social life, possessions, clothing, medical, housing, government and sadly new and terrifying types of warfare. Our choices are growing faster than our ability to handle, comprehend or deal with them all. Our whole way of thinking as individuals and as societies will also change. Some will keep up better than others. One thing is also constant, the concentration of wealth and power, although life is improving for most. The very poor still live in mud huts, while the very rich can visit the International Space Station and spend time off planet.

There is no reason not to, given the power we are in the process of creating to change the world for the better, giving us opportunities and new frontiers to explore and create a far better future for most if handled with wisdom and care.

Look at the shale, solar, wind, batteries, advanced electric motors, and numerous other advances it just the last few years, all made possible by advanced tech used from inception to creation and AI/ML will just speed this up dramatically as we learn to work with it.

Last edited:
Back