Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/chinas-belt-and-road-initiative-reveals-their-true-intentions.18065/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

China's Belt and Road Initiative Reveals their true intentions

Arthur Hanson

Many of the Belt and Road initiatives only benefit Chnina and leave their so called beneficiaries loaded with debt and a poorly thought-out projects which was designed to mainly benefit China. Actions speak far louder than words and China has spoken.

Many of the Belt and Road initiatives only benefit Chnina and leave their so called beneficiaries loaded with debt and a poorly thought-out projects which was designed to mainly benefit China. Actions speak far louder than words and China has spoken.

They a bit hamstrung having "mandate from heaven" and all that.

Excess capacity of people and materials meant they had to do something , and going around the world building stuff , needed or not was seen as solution to some of their issues

IMF and World Bank wrote the book on debt trap diplomacy decades ago. Most of their "aid" disappears into the pockets of corrupt dictators (e.g. Mobutu of DRC, Suharto* of Indonesia) who place the burden of paying it back on the the people. For example this year Nigeria is spending 96% of its revenue on servicing debt. It's no wonder countries are looking for alternatives.

Last edited:
I saw someone posted this on Twitter:
As a Kenyan official put it: Every time China visits we get a hospital, every time Britain visits we get a lecture.
Sadly, they get far more debt than any benefit, it sounds to me like an official who was able to pocket money from the deal and didn't view the downside. I have yet to see a belt and road deal have a REAL net benefit. The Chinese have no problem buying officials.

Back