Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/warren-buffett-doesnt-see-a-taiwan-invasion.17146/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Warren Buffett doesn't see a Taiwan invasion

I agree. If there is an invasion of Taiwan by China it will erase a record amount of wealth around the world. Trillions of dollars.

I do not believe that China is about to invade Taiwan either but Warren Buffet (it's really Berkshire Hathaway, it's not clear if Buffet played any role in it personally) investment in TSMC is a very weak argument. They invested $4.1B. That's 0.4% of BH assets which amounts to a very low risk for them regardless of the Taiwan situation. And as Daniel pointed out, such invasion would have had so big impact on the world economy/markets and as a result on BH that TSMC investment does not really add much to this risk.

Chairman of Everything couldn't care less about wiping off any wealth, particularly if American wealth. He wouldn't even care if those are Chinese wealth, just look at the way he already wiped off trillions from a long list of China tech companies Alibaba, Baidu, Tencent, etc. etc. His sole purpose is power and control, and whenever possible imposing the Chinese way of life to the entire world, started with Hong Kong and next is Taiwan...

Last edited:
I agree. If there is an invasion of Taiwan by China it will erase a record amount of wealth around the world. Trillions of dollars.
More then that I reckon. It would be catastrophic beyond words. Economic problems and ones own stock portfolio holdings should be the least of anyones worries in this case.

Back