Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/ftc-sues-to-block-nvidia%E2%80%99s-40-billion-acquisition-of-arm.15088/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

FTC sues to block Nvidia’s $40 billion acquisition of Arm

It seems that to make this work financially for NVIDIA, they would need to use ARM to their advantage, which goes against the essence of ARM. NVDA already trades at 62 * forward earnings. Maybe investors are OK without taking advantage of ARM.

In my opinion, this is mostly the Intel doing to prevent the competition in the microprocessor area because Intel never liked competition and if you look back to the start of the X86 architecture, Intel fought very hard in the Courts to eliminate all the competitors. The only one they couldn't eliminate was AMD and they actually lost the law suit against DEQ (Digital Equip. Corp.) and were forced to buy Fab 7 after which the architect of Alpha processor (which was much faster than X86) went to AMD and created processors with much better architecture than Intel (those who are old enough know this reality). However, I think that NVDA will create very competitive processors even without ARM in their bag.
I worked on a project on which an Arm processor was on the same silicon die with the Intel processor with the option of customers/users not to know or have access to the Arm processor. Of course, this was a secret project about which they said all the documentation will be destroyed and "the project never existed".

Missed the entire back story.

The acquisition was set up not to happen and it was set up not to happen by Mr. Huang hand in hand with ARM influence offering a gratuity to Soft Bank, as a placeholder, that bought time for ARM principles and the British government to figure out how to get ARM back from Softbank Syndicate operation.

ARM has a theft problem like Intel has had a theft problem in any geography where theft can occur, design, IP pick pocketing Nvidia was not going to resolve that and the ARM customer syndicate's skimping or skimming ARM royalty payments. Something to keep the inter nation peace ARM likely has a framework that writes so much off as goodwill. This needs to be cleaned up by executive management wit the moxie to follow through on contract financial obligations, registering and regulating checks and balances.

If all else failed, Nvidia had the capitalization but there were always better options. Nvidia has ARM processors, any they care to design. Nvidia has x86 and MIPs and any processor you can imagine in simulation. Nvidia does not need to be other than an ARM licensee.

ARM licensee JV is out on cartelization, IPO is likely ARM presents a Synopsis like public entity. Synopsis stock is up considerably over the prior 18 months.

On ARM employees fear of Nvidia task masters, I reported that reality the day the acquisition was announced, absolutely true, the ARM culture of Cambridge and culture of Nvidia Silicon Valley gang land are incompatible. Nvidia rough and tough vs ARM employees beyond top executives 'privy council' are to be seen and not heard, kept essentially in the dark beyond immediate responsibilities no ARM employee makes waves because those types are not hired in the first place.

Nor would Nvidia have been able to control ARM which would end up doing what ARM at executive committee level it a very defined management group want to do anyway; something about being British operating a British enterprise despite losses of control in China and through Softbank Syndicate.

Segars pulled some money from Softback essentially as a fast Eddy as ARM processor IP introductions for the moment lagged, during the referendum, presenting an offer too good to be true while governance was distracted and the result is far from everyone living happily in the kingdom ever after.

Anyone who bought any other scenario, that ARM would actually be purchased from Softbank by Nvidia was drinking a political coalition's Kol-Aid the business masters behind this are very shrewd.

NOW the real report is what ARM will do to free itself from Softbank I always suspected was a UK government intervention, a loan while ARM IPOs so that loan can be repaid.

Nvidia buying ARM was always a rouse to buy time. A well played manipulation many bought into, taken for a ride, and now the final regulatory card has been played always in hand.

Mike Bruzzone, Camp Marketing

In my opinion, this is mostly the Intel doing to prevent the competition in the microprocessor area because Intel never liked competition and if you look back to the start of the X86 architecture, Intel fought very hard in the Courts to eliminate all the competitors. The only one they couldn't eliminate was AMD and they actually lost the law suit against DEQ (Digital Equip. Corp.) and were forced to buy Fab 7 after which the architect of Alpha processor (which was much faster than X86) went to AMD and created processors with much better architecture than Intel (those who are old enough know this reality). However, I think that NVDA will create very competitive processors even without ARM in their bag.
I worked on a project on which an Arm processor was on the same silicon die with the Intel processor with the option of customers/users not to know or have access to the Arm processor. Of course, this was a secret project about which they said all the documentation will be destroyed and "the project never existed".
I think we should all be careful about publishing proprietary information such as "secret projects I worked on".

Missed the entire back story.

The acquisition was set up not to happen and it was set up not to happen by Mr. Huang hand in hand with ARM influence offering a gratuity to Soft Bank, as a placeholder, that bought time for ARM principles and the British government to figure out how to get ARM back from Softbank Syndicate operation.

ARM has a theft problem like Intel has had a theft problem in any geography where theft can occur, design, IP pick pocketing Nvidia was not going to resolve that and the ARM customer syndicate's skimping or skimming ARM royalty payments. Something to keep the inter nation peace ARM likely has a framework that writes so much off as goodwill. This needs to be cleaned up by executive management wit the moxie to follow through on contract financial obligations, registering and regulating checks and balances.

If all else failed, Nvidia had the capitalization but there were always better options. Nvidia has ARM processors, any they care to design. Nvidia has x86 and MIPs and any processor you can imagine in simulation. Nvidia does not need to be other than an ARM licensee.

ARM licensee JV is out on cartelization, IPO is likely ARM presents a Synopsis like public entity. Synopsis stock is up considerably over the prior 18 months.

On ARM employees fear of Nvidia task masters, I reported that reality the day the acquisition was announced, absolutely true, the ARM culture of Cambridge and culture of Nvidia Silicon Valley gang land are incompatible. Nvidia rough and tough vs ARM employees beyond top executives 'privy council' are to be seen and not heard, kept essentially in the dark beyond immediate responsibilities no ARM employee makes waves because those types are not hired in the first place.

Nor would Nvidia have been able to control ARM which would end up doing what ARM at executive committee level it a very defined management group want to do anyway; something about being British operating a British enterprise despite losses of control in China and through Softbank Syndicate.

Segars pulled some money from Softback essentially as a fast Eddy as ARM processor IP introductions for the moment lagged, during the referendum, presenting an offer too good to be true while governance was distracted and the result is far from everyone living happily in the kingdom ever after.

Anyone who bought any other scenario, that ARM would actually be purchased from Softbank by Nvidia was drinking a political coalition's Kol-Aid the business masters behind this are very shrewd.

NOW the real report is what ARM will do to free itself from Softbank I always suspected was a UK government intervention, a loan while ARM IPOs so that loan can be repaid.

Nvidia buying ARM was always a rouse to buy time. A well played manipulation many bought into, taken for a ride, and now the final regulatory card has been played always in hand.

Mike Bruzzone, Camp Marketing
Please, please, please don't get the UK government involved. 1) There's no problem they can't make worse by trying to help. 2) I'm a UK taxpayer.

Back