[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. J

Apple Must Go Into Medical

@Arthur Hanson You may like this, I got a briefing on it today. This (or related startups) could become an Apple target. Israel is leading in sensor tech. Having De Novo clearance is a good indicator. The sensors can eventually be shrunk and integrated into all types of Apple products. This is...
  2. J

@Arthur Hanson , I think you mostly want to receive some justification matching your opinion, which might be that it's time to move the kids' trust fund entirely into $AAPL. Nothing wrong with that. I am confident that even if this thesis is wrong, $AAPL (along with $MSFT) will continue to print...
  3. J

Medical care in [US] is high-cost and high-quality once you are in value-add services where it matters like cancer treatment, proton beam therapy, and all sorts of things (for laughs from the right-wing peanut gallery I'll throw in "best gender treatments in the world!"). It feels like low...
  4. J

AMD going after Nvidia,

AMD does seem to have a "reasonable" code/library conversation process to use Instinct accelerators with ROCm. I don't know of any specific major software rewrites using it, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. The fact that they are continuing to invest and Lisa Su talks about it (while...
  5. J

How will AI/ML change the Semi Industry and Impact Society?

In my opinion: AI/ML mostly being software (enabled by underlying compute silicon), and everything else looking down economically, means much of any remaining glut of VC/F100 dollars will be trying to crowd a smallish space (writing in terms of proven solutions) that have even smaller actual...
  6. J

Can Bitcoin mining centers be used for blockchain for other purposes?

That's pretty interesting actually, so there's still an ongoing market in new machines even now?
  7. J

You'd enjoy the book. I'd simply say that money is a medium of exchange, from seashells to Ducats to Dollars. My opinion. All the other stuff you said is extra steps and frankly mirrors the justifications FTX/Alameda Research used internally.
  8. J

Just an opinion, I'm reading "The Great Wave" by David Fischer right now, so it's a monetary take. I think that is the most useful, "highest and best" use as they say about real estate. IBM, Accenture, Microsoft, etc. with their attempts to cash in on "Blockchain for X" sputtered around and...
  9. J

Better to for government not Invest in TSM or Intel

A LOT of that has to do with currency distortion. Blame Nixon for starting the race to the bottom by defaulting on Bretton Woods Agreement in 1971. If you plot household dollar PPP, M1, offshoring, the US billionaire class (alongside an explosion in $10mm+ political households in the counties...
  10. J

White House tells chip industry to brace for Russian supply disruptions

You'd have to think Pat G. is certainly pushing this (FUD) as justification to pass the handouts. Maybe they can bring back cash for clunkers as well, I've got some old stuff to turn in. Queue an Octogenarian Senator saying "You wouldn't want to drive an old and unsafe unsecure Fiat on the...
  11. J

Ukraine, The real first Cyber War, Semis Part?

LOLZ this is just a ruse from boomer cold war operatives, defense contractors, and the enterprising Vikki Nuland who can't finish a coup. Russia wants to sell Natural Gas via NordStream2, no way they will jeopardize that....they are a 3rd world country smaller than either California or Texas...
Back