Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/240395/&t=thread&c[content]=thread&c[users]=M.+Y.+Zuo&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. M. Y. Zuo

Improving Performance And Power With HBM3

New memory standard adds significant benefits, but it’s still expensive and complicated to use. That could change. JANUARY 30TH, 2023 - BY: ANDY PATRIZIO HBM3 swings open the door to significantly faster data movement between memory and processors, reducing the power it takes to send and...
  2. M. Y. Zuo

Morris Tanenbaum, Inventor of the Silicon Microchip, Dies at 94 - IEEE

MORRIS TANENBAUM Silicon microchip inventor Fellow, 94; died 26 February Tanenbaum’s research in the mid-1950s proved that silicon was a better semiconductor material for transistors than germanium, which was commonly used at the time. His discovery paved the way for more efficient transistors...
  3. M. Y. Zuo

Comparison of memory and interface technologies for commercial products

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a table comparing various technologies with a simple yes or no for whether any commercial products have been sold with the specified combination. (Limited range to the last 10 years for brevity's sake.) I have it roughed out with many cells filled in but I'm...
  4. M. Y. Zuo

Samsung bans use of A.I. like ChatGPT for employees after misuse of the chatbot

" KEY POINTS Samsung is restricting the use of so-called generative artificial intelligence tools such as ChatGPT for employees after the company discovered such services were being misused. The South Korean technology giant confirmed to CNBC Tuesday that it is temporarily restricting the use of...
  5. M. Y. Zuo

Apple silicon engineering team experienced substantial technical and personnel troubles in lead up to A16, according to The Information [paywalled]

" Inside Apple’s War for Chip Talent By Wayne Ma Dec. 23, 2022 6:00 AM PST For more than a decade, Apple’s silicon engineering group has helped give Apple a competitive edge in smartphones and laptops. The custom chips it designs make its products snappier to use or help them eke out an hour...
  6. M. Y. Zuo

Only iPhone 14 Pro Models to Get 'A16' Chip, Standard Models to Retain A15 - rumour reported by Ming-Chi Kuo

“ Only the iPhone 14 Pro models will have the "A16" chip, while the standard iPhone 14 models will retain the A15 Bionic chip from the iPhone 13, according to insightful Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. In a tweet, Kuo said that the 6.1-inch "‌iPhone 14 Pro‌" and the 6.7-inch "‌iPhone 14 Pro‌ Max"...
  7. M. Y. Zuo

Apple’s New M1 Ultra Packs a Revolutionary GPU

“ Apple’s new M1 Ultra SoC, announced yesterday, appears to be a genuine breakthrough. The new M1 Ultra is made from two M1 Max chips and features a new GPU integration approach not seen in-market before. While the SoC contains two GPUs — one per M1 Max — games and applications running on an...
  8. M. Y. Zuo

Do fabs still offer a no-strings-attached throw-it-over-the-wall all-in-pricing service? If so, at what additional cost?

By no strings attached and throw it over the wall service I mean a type of scenario where once the negotiations are complete, contracts signed, files transferred, and money wired to their bank account, the entire team, including CEO, could take a year long vacation and expect wafers with enough...
  9. M. Y. Zuo

Where are all the transistors going in modern chip designs?

I was reminiscing about the bright and early days of multi core computing, particularly about Intel’s first ’Nehalem’ chips back in the fall of 2008. I couldn’t believe how few transistors those chips had compared to modern designs! For example, Intel i7-940 had 731 million transistors...
  10. M. Y. Zuo

What generally happens to risk production product?

Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I’ve been trying to understand how the process works, specifically the story of TSMC’s deal with Apple for their N5 production, where Apple reportedly booked the entire capacity for sometime. It seems that 13 months elapsed between risk production start...
Back