[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. S

AMD Taking Server Market From Intel, Many Questions

Gelsinger was busy performing a xmas skit saying AMD is in the rear-view mirror - few months later AMD market cap overtook Intel. Now who's enjoying more of the "competitive fun" here?
  2. S

An Interview with Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger

Maybe. Question is can they successfully integrate this company into Intel. If history is of any indication, Intel hasn't been great with mergers. And I agree with Portland, do they really want to diversify their businesses into defense? AMD has been eating into Intel's pie for the past few...
  3. S

An Interview with Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger

Not convinced that PG is "making all the right decisions" up to this point, he sure was "classy" to point out all his predecessors mistakes in the past decade. The statements he makes seem comical to me. He says he has engineering background - well that isn't a sure success as CEO of Intel is...
  4. S

Intel CCG (PC) op margin down 7%. Server op margin down 10%!!!

What I find it hard to believe is that they spent at least 5 years to get 10nm out and now the new ceo is delusional enough to think he can eke out 5 node advances in 5 years. Let's face it he wasn't exactly in the bleeding edge foundry business in the last decade plus. So my money is on Intel...
  5. S

The Real Reason Behind the Automotive Industry IC Shortage — A Step-Function Surge in Demand!

A pertinent article: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-chips-analysis/analysis-carmakers-wake-up-to-new-pecking-order-as-chip-crunch-intensifies-idUSKBN2AJ0LD "That complaint by the world’s No.2 volume carmaker cuts little ice with chipmakers, who say the auto industry is both quick to...
  6. S

The Real Reason Behind the Automotive Industry IC Shortage — A Step-Function Surge in Demand!

Car manufacturers thought they were being the badasses by cancelling chip orders back in 2020 when the pandemic started. Turns out the foundries were easily able to fill the void by finding orders from other industries and the car makers soon realized they were the ones who got chopped from the...
  7. S

Pat Gelsinger Interview Economic Club Washington DC

They're going to need a lot of good luck achieving each one of these 4 milestones because a node improvement per year is unprecedented even by the best of the best in the industry. I'd say pretty soon we'll see them push back the timelines because it's flat out unrealistic and even more so by a...
  8. S

Intel CEO to Visit Taiwan, Home of Biggest Chipmaking Rival

That is exactly why he's trying to get into foundry business. The pride of being able to say you manufacture chips in-house and of course "Real men have fabs"...
  9. S

Malaysia says U.S. chipmaker Intel to invest $7 billion in new facility

Just says you can't take PG seriously whatever he says...
  10. S

White House spurns Intel's plan to boost chip production in China

He'll just write it off as his predecessors at Intel made bad decisions over the years and now he has a solid plan to right the ship. He is an engineer you know...
  11. S

White House spurns Intel's plan to boost chip production in China

Gelsinger is full of contradictions. Just a few months ago he attacked the world depends too much in Asia for chip manufacturing and now he wants to setup a shop in China? Maybe he failed in geography class? Also I get a good laugh at when he says he is an ”engineer”. Just because you’re an...
  12. S

AMD in a major deal with Meta (Facebook)

Meanwhile, Gelsinger is still boasting about “I have more cement trucks working for me than I think any other person on the planet.”. Maybe he wants to get into construction business too?
  13. S

Intel Innovation event

As we all know it already Moore's Law was already at a breakneck pace of doubling transistor's density every 18 months or so, but Pat now wants to break that barrier with 4 node advances in 5 years I'd say that's a lot of hot airs. It's one thing to build a 2nm chip in the labs and another...
  14. S

Gelsinger will compete with AMD & NVIDIA in 2 years

Not saying it's impossible but Pat and Intel is challenging multiple companies, each of which has the entirely company solely focused in that one field. AMD with CPUs, NVidia with GPUs, and TSMC with pure-play foundry business. It's an incredibly lofty goal for Intel to regain dominance in...
  15. S

Just released, Intel is attacking Apple, Again!

I heard Apple actually saved ~$2 billion in going with their own in-house designed chips for macs. They've always been religious about vertical integrations, I don't see why they would ever go back to Intel or any other vendor. They had great success with their A-series chips for iphone/ipad...
  16. S

Alternative to Taiwan/China conflict

Foxconn is actually a Taiwanese company.
  17. S

Just released, Intel is attacking Apple, Again!

The kind of company that stopped innovating and relies on marketing to stay afloat. Apple initially asked Intel to build iPhone processors which they refused. They gave them many years to produce processors for the Mac lineup but the performance and battery life only saw marginal improvements...
  18. S

Will China master 14nm and what is their future in semi production?

It's not hard to believe SMIC has achieved 95% yield on 14nm process considering that they have aggressively recruited ex-TSMC employees at all costs. From what I've heard, they regularly offered minimum 3x salary or more.
  19. S

Intel boxed out Apple and AMD?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm sure TSMC will give Apple and AMD priority access to their 2 nanometer nodes when it becomes viable couple years down the road.
  20. S

If China takes Taiwan, the World Loses

Typical response from a commie. When they are accused of something, they hit back every point with disinformation. Just like when U.S. accused China of spreading Wuhan virus (aka Corona Virus), they claimed an american military personnel brought the virus to China. "They have never stolen...
Back