Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/241608/&t=thread&c[content]=thread&c[users]=harpoon&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. H

Quantum computing and the EDA challenges it poses ...

I just read that quantum computing may be the next big thing. How does this change the EDA tools needed to design and build these monsters (if any)? BBC News - Quantum computing device hints at powerful future Anyone directly working on this very exciting field ?
  2. H

Layout - Angles in routing for sub-50nm process nodes ...

As process geometries continue to shrink, should fabs be relaxing the rules on orthogonal routing and orthogonal vias ? As far as I can tell, there are 3 areas of concern/change :- a) Fabs - The need to ensure mask making tools/algorithms lend themselves to 45 degree polygons (including...
  3. H

Graphical tools for digital design.

As an analogue designer, graphical tools are the way forward to handle large and complex designs. So I am amazed that digital designs are still handled with a text editor. Will digital designers ever evolve to use graphical tools to describe block level connectivity ? I did use a graphical...
  4. H

Semiconductor Waste ...

After watching a programme on TV about the problem of trash, I wonder what is being done in the semiconductor world to address the waste generated and how material is being used and recycled ? Firstly, how much recycling is done when ICs are manufactured and packaged (i.e. how much material...
  5. H

The Art of FIB ...

While every effort is made to get IC designs right the first time, in reality, this seldom happens. If it does, then the design is either trivial or an iteration of what has done before. As IC fabrication can take up to 12 weeks, it is crucial to get the next iterations right. This is where...
Back