[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. V

Timing for TSMC Wafer Orders

I think it's because those are the first 3nm orders from most of the customers so the price will be honored. I guess 2nd or 3rd 3nm master orders, TSMC should be able to raise the price. Just wondering the timing of that.
  2. V

Timing for TSMC Wafer Orders

C.C Wei said "we set the pricing of N3 very early, several years ahead of production. However, we experienced a lot of cost inflation pressures in the following years. So as a result, N3 will take a longer time than N5 and N7 to reach the corporate average gross margin." How come TSMC can not...
  3. V

Drone Submarines and Ocean development, A semi market of staggering size

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2024/04/19/anduril-australia-ghost-shark/ Also this one.
  4. V

$6.6 Billion in Subsidies to TSMC Won’t Fix Deep Market Structure Issues In Semiconductor Industry

A public policy professor has no idea how difficult it is to run a foundry. He should consult with Nvidia, AMD, and Qualcomm executives first.
  5. V

TSMC March 2024 Revenue Report

Is the news author Robert Castellano credible?
  6. V

Groq CEO: ‘We No Longer Sell Hardware’

It's a very important signal.
  7. V

Introducing Google Axion Processors, our new Arm-based CPUs

Intel is losing more market share, and without that volume, its learning curve will not be able to keep pace with TSMC.
  8. V

Intel's latest AI chip is a direct shot at Nvidia's moneymaker

Even Intel's chances of success are slim, it would be very stupid for Nvidia to place their order with IFS.
  9. V

Intel's Foundry Business discloses a $7B operating loss

""Intel has outsourced about 30% of the total number of wafers to external contract manufacturers such as TSMC"" I can't see that in 2023 financial report of TSMC and also from Intel's current product line. Did he mean projects outsourced in 2023 and manufacture in 2024 and 2025.
  10. V

You are right. thank you for correcting me. Intel is 8-year while UMC is 7-year. The difference between 8-year and 5-year depreciation is huge.
  11. V

Intel claimed 18A wafer cost as good as TSMC: Question: 1. Intel use 8-year depreciation while TSMC use 5-year depreciation 2. Intel assume production yield as good as TSMC. We know it won't happen. 3. Intel assume Fab utilization rate as good as TSMC which is difficult consider TSMC build the...
  12. V

Japan approves $3.9 billion in subsidies for chipmaker Rapidus

A few year later, shareholders will be hesitating to throw more money into Rapidus. Just like LCD and DRAM history in Japan. Japan should just use $3.9 billion to invest in Solid-State Battery and help Japan car industry to another level.
  13. V

Intel Delays its Ohio fabs

Is it true? Cost of 35% to 40%? that high?
  14. V

The Bleeding Edge of Semiconductors: A Tale of Three Companies || Peter Zeihan

I like his book ""The End of the World is Just the Beginning"" a lot. He is quite good about explaining reason caused what happened in the past. However, I'm not sure about his ability to predict the future, especially semiconductor.
  15. V

Intel's Foundry Business Has $10 Billion Locked In, Who are the Four Customers?

During Q1 earnings call, Pat mentioned "United States government and Department of Defense. " I was surprised he counted that as two customers in stead of one. So I bet 4 customers are: United States government, Department of Defense, Ericsson, and Qualcomm.
  16. V

Intel partners with UMC

@Dan Is this number good or just normal?
  17. V

Intel partners with UMC

IFS can not get enough customers to fill up the Fab. So Intel rent out their empty kitchen to other restaurant that have customers.
  18. V

TSMC 2024 Investor Meeting Discussion

On the other hand, Intel needs customers for their Fab. If Intel give orders to TSMC and don't utilize it's own Fab, it could lead to significant losses. C.C Wei saying "Almost everybody work with TSMC on 2-nanometer, except one." could be on purpose. This is to tell other customers that bet on...
  19. V

TSMC 2024 Investor Meeting Discussion

Hi Dan, Does that mean Intel is so confident of their 18A so they think they don't need TSMC N2?
Back