Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/244078/&c[users]=TX+Fly+Fisher&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. T

Intel Investor Meeting Keynote

The strategy is sound, but execution will tell the tale. I'm in.
  2. T

Wall Street doesn't like the high capex required for Intel to expand manufacturing capacity because it's a short to mid-term headwind. Long-term it could pay off, but investors who get in now will need to be patient while it plays out. I suspect those who get in at these prices could see 20%+...
  3. T

I'm drawing from memory, but I'm pretty sure Pat said they were at capacity during a recent earnings call.
  4. T

I suspect AMD having competitive alternative solutions has required Intel to lower ASPs offsetting any manufacturing improvements they've made. When your factories are full, there's not much you can do other than work to improve yields. Owning fabs is a delicate balance between having too much...
  5. T

I'm fairly certain they've stated that they're running at full capacity. Not surprising given the unprecedented demand and subsequent chip shortage.
  6. T

They're probably capacity limited which limits growth opportunities until new fabs come online and they get more products into TSMC.
  7. T

Samsung Austin Spilled 763,000 Gallons of Acid Waste Into Local Ecosystem

Well, if you were familiar with Central Texas, you would know that the region is criss-crossed with countless miles of creeks, streams, and rivers. It takes time to periodically test every stretch of each of those, but the issue was detected and enforcement is in progress. One agency you don't...
  8. T

Yes, it was definitely a failure within Samsung's monitoring system. In any case, management can't be happy about it considering their expansion plans. My primary reason for commenting was to point out that the issue was not due to "lax/unenforced regulations and a subjugated "right-to-work"...
  9. T

It's evident that you are not familiar with the area and, therefore, uninformed. The Austin region is environmentally sensitive so water quality is strictly monitored and enforced by government agencies, and facilities like Samsung's have departments dedicated to compliance. It would appear that...
Back