[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. I

Jensen Huang on the Future of AI

I know JH is prone to over-hyping a bit but people have been saying that about him now for 30 years! In the end though, it is best to take him at his word and ignore the inevitable bumps along the road. The CSP's have been the key player in semis (esp memory & storage) for 7~8 years now. I had...
  2. I

Apple is working on AI models that can run on-device rather than on the cloud

Just read the paper, although I am not an engineer. TLDR version...they can optimise inference on device with sub optimum DRAM by managing data flow etc with the NAND. My question (because I don't see the answer in the paper) is will this require more NAND (and DRAM) on the iPhone above and...
  3. I

Europe at last has an answer to Silicon Valley

ASML are great. However Europe hasn't had an answer to Silicon Valley for well over a century now!
  4. I

What will happen with Micron?

(y) I understand the ultra bull case but I'm not convinced yet. Also, it's not likely to happen in this market cycle. In the meantime if "AI" servers continue to take share/budget from "general" servers, the total DRAM bit demand will be lower.
  5. I

What will happen with Micron?

Considering the big 2 are South Korean, I really don't see that the US has a security of supply memory issue (DRAM or NAND). Hynix has the HBM lead today but there is nothing but time & application stopping Micron and Samsung catching up. By 2025 Hynix will likely still be the HBM leader but...
  6. I

Apple’s Profit of Nearly $100 Billion in 2022

They are paying approx 16% tax on profits ($19bn on $119bn). Then you need to add to that all the other taxes Apple are generating for governments i.e. income taxes, sales taxes VAT etc. Not exactly in line with the political and press narrative.
  7. I

Samsung Electronics to make ‘meaningful’ cut to chip production in effort to support prices

Samsung Semi's performance over the past 5 years has been on the wane, despite the record profits last year. Before the current crisis they already lost their lead on DRAM and NAND cost & technology and they've leaked key production talent to Hynix & China. Their decision to remain aggressive...
  8. I

China Threatening Micron over Chip War

It's just the start...wait until they come after Apple & Tesla!
  9. I

Intel's Credibility is Gone, It has to Find an Apple/TSM relationship model

Pat's a very good guy but the reality is he has <10% chance of pulling Intel thru this and back to to its previous lofty position. He'd need another 10 years to change the culture & weed out the resistance but doesn't have that. They'll absolutely still be around in 10 years but not as we know...
  10. I

Are Micron and the Taiwanese Semi Suppliers the Canaries in the Coal Mine?

Many OEMs have built up inventory & poor practices in the past 2 years. Now the slowing macro is coming to fix them both and their semi suppliers too. Memory prices may decline pretty hard for another 3~4 qtrs (NAND has potential to be a bloodbath) until a combination of demand elasticity & the...
  11. I

Bitcoin Fraud

Bitcoin has persistence, it has value, & it is not gold, so we are way past the 'tulips' analogy at this stage. That said bitcoin & the blockchain are not the sole foundation to the world of disintermediation & decentralised finance (and other things) we are heading into, as there are many...
  12. I

Samsung 2020Q4 Earnings Result by Segment and 2021 Outlook

Automotive chips within Samsung foundry biz not nearly big enough to move the needle, regardless of WW shortage. For Samsung it's still all about memory & when it comes to profit, DRAM.
Back