[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. A

TSMC’s debacle in the American desert Missed deadlines and tension among Taiwanese and American coworkers are plaguing the chip giant’s Phoenix expans

I'm going to argue that a toxic work environment is subjective. And that is a key part of the problem here. What is being reported as abusive behavior here may not be considered abusive by the Taiwanese employees. It is a cultural norm for them. As an example I spent many years taking my...
  2. A

TSMC’s debacle in the American desert Missed deadlines and tension among Taiwanese and American coworkers are plaguing the chip giant’s Phoenix expans

I see this a bit differently. Based on my experience working with a Taiwanese managed company in the U.S. I believe it may be more of a case of TSMC being unprepared/unable to accept the U.S. work culture and work within that paradigm rather than a failure of the U.S. working culture. Intel on...
  3. A

Everyone wants the latest chips. That’s causing a huge headache for the world’s biggest supplier

I spent several years working for a PC board manufacturer that was a U.S. subsidiary of a Taiwanese company. All of the upper managers and almost all the middle managers were sent over by the Taiwanese mother company. As a result I feel I can speak firsthand about some of the cultural issues...
Back