[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. S

Apple: A Semiconductor Colossus

Haha. I’ll pretend this was in jest rather than something else. I own all Apple FYI. But I’ve avoided being brainwashed.
  2. S

I'm not dismissing Apple consumers as idiots or uneducated. There is ZERO evidence of that.
  3. S

I'm not saying Apple is not a good investment as of today. I'm talking to why it's been such a good investment to day and why it may continue to be for the future. There are a confluence of factors that have all been mentioned. Clearly, we are ranking with importance of each factor and you...
  4. S

I didn't say it's only marketing. I said it's mainly ("first and foremost") marketing. Thanks for sharing your view, but I don't think this is a mass market consensus view. I also don't think mass market consumers know whether Apple's chips are better or worse than the competitors. I mean...
  5. S

Good point. And Jobs and Apple didn't perfect its mass market offering until after Jobs return in ~1996. Apple's initial products weren't mass market ready and were best suited for earlier adaptors. Apple's 1984 Super Bowl commercial was maybe its most successful mass market initiative during...
  6. S

I don't mean Apple products would lose all their differentiation if Apple sold its chip design to 3rd Parties, but it would lose part of it. And the gain from selling chips would need to be netted with the loss in product sales. Would the net, net change positive or negative? The answer to...
  7. S

Apple's chip design business if it will only ever be used to supply itself shouldn't be worth anything as a semiconductor business, but rather the benefits and risks of being inextricably linked to Apple's product/device businesses would be transferred to the latter. If Apple started selling...
  8. S

MVP

What would you pick as the single most valuable product (from an economic/business perspective) in the semiconductor ecosystem/supply chain?
  9. S

US & China interdependence vs. isolation?!

Any opinions about whether US's strategy to isolate China will be a more effective long term strategy than maintaining an interdependent model between the US/World and China?
  10. S

How will the Silicon Valley bank mess Change the Industry?

Does anyone know or seen an estimate for how what % of start up companies' deposits went into SVB?
  11. S

Applied Materials – Why Its Much Needed Kokusai Acquisition Was Denied By China

Yea, true that's possible... And which do you think Beijing is more likely to be adverse against ... 1) An American company in Intel buying a Tower, which is Israeli and holds strategic value than SMI ... or 2) an American company in Maxlinear buying SMI, which is Taiwanese (is it Taiwanese or...
  12. S

Paul2, question on a couple of contemporary situations. Which company do you think holds more strategic value to the semiconductor industry between Tower Semiconductor and Silicon Motion?
  13. S

Unless you believe Beijing believes AMAT is more likely than KKR to disobey DC driven policy then why would that be a reason for Beijing? Just because we can't think of a better explanation that doesn't make an illogical one more likely. There are a lot of other reasons that would make sense...
  14. S

But why wouldn't that same American authority still extend to Kakusai as a KKR owned company?
  15. S

Hi, Robert, Interesting post you had here two years. Apologies for the such a delayed response. But I do have some questions about your thesis on why AMAT couldn't get Chinese approval for its Kokusai acquisition. I'm still wondering why AMAT as a potential owner of Kokusai was enough of...
Back