[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. hist78

Behind the plot to break Nvidia’s grip on AI by targeting software

I think this is a 21st century new approach. When several incumbent monopolies suddenly found out that while they were enjoying enormous profits and luxury vacations, something happened. There is a stupid company actually has been working stupidly for the past 20 years and built a product and...
  2. hist78

Big Tech focuses on in-house chips: Here's what you need to know

The $7 billion ( instead of trillion) is just one of several funny but not necessarily correct comments. For example: 1. "See how tiny those things are! They have to use tweezers...". Actually tweezers are much bigger than today's semiconductors internal construction. 2. "Apple can't make...
  3. hist78

Does IFS or IF has a single HVM External Customer Yet?

"I do expect the UMC, Tower, and DoD/government work to be major volume in 2-5 years. Major is about 1 fab total (Say 50k wafers per rmonth)" The DoD/Government semiconductor need (in terms of volume) is small and very often they are also high cost, high maintenance, and/or low profit margin...
  4. hist78

Intel CEO Gelsinger proposes a fab tour for Elon Musk — could be an attempt to win orders from Tesla, other Musk companies

"Couldn't hurt" . I think it may. In most supply chain negotiations, such as semiconductor foundry business, parties involved would like to keep things private for a variety of reasons. But in this case, Pat Gelsinger is publicly pushing Elon Musk to response. I believe as big as Intel...
  5. hist78

Behind the plot to break Nvidia’s grip on AI by targeting software

It's hard to believe Intel is a good fit for each principle/requirement you mentioned.
  6. hist78

Intel CEO Gelsinger proposes a fab tour for Elon Musk — could be an attempt to win orders from Tesla, other Musk companies

I feel it's a little bit funny. Can Pat Gelsinger just call or email Elon Musk directly instead a Twit on X?
  7. hist78

https://www.tomshardware.com/tech-industry/intel-ceo-gelsinger-proposes-a-fab-tour-for-elon-musk-could-be-an-attempt-to-win-orders-from-tesla-other-musk-companies
  8. hist78

Intel to get $8.5B from the CHIPS Act

It's a complicated situation and relationship. For example: Many DoD and DoE's semiconductor suppliers/designers have been using TSMC for a long time. DoD wants TSMC to start a fab in US to continue this long term and effective collaboration. To many DoD and DoE planners, this is one of the...
  9. hist78

What stops Intel concentrating its resources and management attention in fewer places instead of all over the world? Because TSMC found 1000 acres land in North Phoenix, I have to have confidence that Intel can find a 500-acre lot in the 100-mile radius range from Intel existing fabs in...
  10. hist78

Intel Celebrates CHIPS and Science Act Direct Funding Announcement (Replay)

It's definitely a political PR show or just a PR show. But this is not new to Intel and Intel has done such type of things many times. That's why I'm wondering why there wasn't any Intel customer or partner on the stage or on the big reen during the celebration? For example, Microsoft is the...
  11. hist78

If I have a chance to meet Pat Gelsinger, I will provide my one cent opinion to him: Delay Ohio project as long as possible and put focus on Arizona and Ireland fabs. Unless there is any energy and money left, do not do Germany. Intel can't afford and does not need so many sites in so many...
  12. hist78

But Intel's customers, such as HP, Dell, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, Asus, Acer, are paying Intel $50/60 billion a year to support Intel's vision and cover Intel employees' salaries. Should they get at least one single spot in the celebration along with the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4...
  13. hist78

Something is very strange with this celebration video released by Intel. I counted there were 4 Intel executives (including CEO Pat Gelsinger), 6 politicians (including President Biden), 2 union representatives, 1 Indian Tribe leader and a ceremony dance group, Boy and Girl Scout Color Guard...
  14. hist78

This video lasts one hour 22 minutes. You may consider to change the playback speed to 2X. Intel Celebrates CHIPS and Science Act Direct Funding Announcement (Replay)
  15. hist78

Progress being made at TSMC Phoenix site

2,200 TSMC employees are currently working at the Phoenix site. This is impressive.
  16. hist78

17. hist78

Is Intel really serious about its Ohio expansion and the timeline? According to the report Intel submitted to the State of Ohio, at the end of 2023 Intel had hired a whopping 69 employees from 14 Ohio counties for the project. It seems like Intel has other thoughts in mind.
  18. hist78

Malaysia's semiconductor manufacturing flourishes in the face of U.S. and China's Chip War

Malaysia's political environment has been unstable for the past several years. It's a big drag to attract more international investment. The geopolitics and wars are bad for the business, but multinational businesses also want to avoid the domestic political turmoils and associated uncertainty...
  19. hist78

Intel CEO: ‘Our goal is to have at least 50% of the world’s advanced semiconductors produced in the U.S. and Europe by the end of the decade’ https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/20/intel-awarded-up-to-8point5-billion-from-chips-act-with-loans-available.html
  20. hist78

TSMC Bulls Ignore Buffett’s Warning and Stick to AI Bet

If Mr. Buffet worries about the potential war/conflict between China and Taiwan, then Berkshire needs to exit out its huge stock holdings of Apple and several Japanese trading firms as soon as possible. It makes no sense that the same threats he worries so much about will magically disappear...
Back