Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/239067/&t=thread&c[content]=thread&c[users]=cliff&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. C

Any Americans want to make a RISC-V chip or system?

To Canadian or USA citizens or companies of 5 employees or less who want to make a non-proprietary RISC-V chip with me. I will supply the EDA tools on a cloud on a generic (fictitious) process. No $$$ changing hands. This is intended for embedded programmers or RISC-V architects in SemiWiki...
  2. C

TLA and process information tabs needed

The Intelians speak in code that is foreign to us outsiders. The three letter acronyms make me sad because I cannot follow along with these well thought out cryptic discussions. Furthermore, I have no idea what these process nodes offer. The process numbers have no meaning. Dan, can you add a...
  3. C

IFS MPW/shuttles. Where is the site?

This is the europractice site that shows all of the semiconductor foundries to make custom chips. Notice TSMC and GF are represented. Not IFS. https://europractice-ic.com/technologies/asics/ This is the europractice site that shows the GF choices of process nodes and metal stacks...
  4. C

Any predictions on interposer pad pitch sweet spot in 2025

150um was an old standard sweet spot for pad pitches. I believe the new standard pad pitch is 110u. I assume that the 55-40um pad pitch is pretty pricey currently. It seems that HBMs will push the industry towards interposers with BOWs (bunch of wires with high impedence connections) and fewer...
  5. C

FPGAs must die. Cut EUV funding!

We need to exterminate those outrageous real estate, power hungry sloths (Speedsters if you are a CPU guy). They are taking over the data centers and will soon be in your neighborhood. We don't need these insane EUV machines that emit high 13.5nm radiation levels. Taxpayer funds should not used...
  6. C

Who is getting laid off?

Hardware or Software? VLSI layout people? Is this just a scheme for some of the Silicon Valley guys to lower the outragous salaries? If real, when do you see things picking up. Predictions? How will this compare compare to 2008? Opinions?
  7. C

Intel 16nm vs 10nm?

Can somebody explain the major differences between 16nm vs 10nm (besides 6nm)? I am told they are both double patterned. True or false? Is there more interconnect available (tighter pitches at M3 and above, more upper routing layers, etc) Higher GM? Lower leakage? More SRAM density? New exotic...
  8. C

Exotic memories

Lots of talk about magnetic/resistive/etc RAM. Any prediction by you process engineers on what will be viable and yieldable on the logic finfet processes (16-12 preferred) in 2024? What attributes (speed, non volatile, etc)? Thanks
  9. C

Why FDSOI?

I get some customer calls about supporting GF22 fdsoi. They say it's rad-hard. Good for satellites. Then they want redundancy. Best 2 out of 3 voting, etc. Why bother? Why not just go with a better valued process and package the SIP in lead? France/EU is putting $6B or so into 22/18 fdsoi. Why?
  10. C

Say no to Taiwan's independence!

China is absolutely correct. Taiwan should not be independent. It should be annexed as the 51st state of the United States of America. The Monroe Doctrine should extend beyond our present borders and Hawaii. Shut up Taiwan. We are bigger than you. You have no say-so. Let the experts decide...
Back