Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/chip-investment-boom-is-just-getting-started.14663/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Chip investment boom is just getting started

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member

NEW YORK, Sept 8 (Reuters Breakingviews) - The chip industry usually invests too much or too little. Persistent global semiconductor shortages, especially in automaking, indicate capital discipline went too far in recent years, but the pendulum has started to swing back. In the latest sign of that shift, Intel (INTC.O) Chief Executive Pat Gelsinger said on Tuesday that the U.S. company planned to invest up to $95 billion in Europe over the next decade. While capital expenditure has increased, especially at the biggest firms like Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (2330.TW) and Samsung Electronics (005930.KS), it’s still short of the sort of splurges that have triggered past gluts....

I strongly disagree. The question is: Not if but when will the semiconductor glut hit? Let's bet the over/under at 2023. Over or under?

Too soon. I do think the "vaccine" is a great thing but temperance is a virtue and they shouldn't "vaccinated" the entire population with something experimental. If the "vaccine" works then we'll move on if not a glut will be the smallest of problems.

Too soon. I do think the "vaccine" is a great thing but temperance is a virtue and they shouldn't "vaccinated" the entire population with something experimental. If the "vaccine" works then we'll move on if not a glut will be the smallest of problems.
Is "vaccine" a metaphor for "news"?

Back