[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

COVID-19 in Oregon

Daniel Payne

Kate Brown, Governor of Oregon announced tonight that all events with 250 or more people would be stopped for the next four weeks, in an effort to slow down the spread of coronavirus. Intel and Mentor are asking their employees to work remotely from home.

As a freelance blogger, I will continue to write my articles and post in the forums, plus I scheduled a lunch-time networking event for this Friday in Lake Oswego, OR.

So how is COVID-19 impacting your business?

In speaking in the ideal Intel is about people working six days a week 12 hour shifts; 3 in design and 3 in manufacturing sweating over each other. I don't see how viruses couldn't spread.

In speaking in the ideal Intel is about people working six days a week 12 hour shifts; 3 in design and 3 in manufacturing sweating over each other. I don't see how viruses couldn't spread.
At least in the fabs they are wearing bunny suits, which should provide adequate protection from the novel coronavirus, however once they change into street clothes and are in the locker room or lobby, then the virus can spread in those areas.

Attachments

• BlhVk2cIUAA15Pm.jpg
    BlhVk2cIUAA15Pm.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 495
Those bunny suits are worth more than gold or even toilet paper these days; once hospitals lack them...

Most Oregon companies are asking workers to stay home and work remotely, public groups are limited to 10 people. Stores are still swamped with customers panic buying water, meat, bread, toilet paper, hand sanitizer.

Most oregon companies are a lost cause same with the universities. It's a bunch of Lutherans that want an echo chamber and what they preach isn't the real world. I can't even repeat the stuff said. In oregon every ethnic group and creed hates each other and doxxes one another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would Kate wait until now after what has happened in CA and NY? All Governors should be held accountable for their state's well being. And why isn't it a shelter in place order? We did not learn from China and OR is not learning from CA. I see a pattern of incompetence here.....

Kate Brown, Governor of Oregon announced tonight that all events with 250 or more people would be stopped for the next four weeks, in an effort to slow down the spread of coronavirus. Intel and Mentor are asking their employees to work remotely from home.

As a freelance blogger, I will continue to write my articles and post in the forums, plus I scheduled a lunch-time networking event for this Friday in Lake Oswego, OR.

So how is COVID-19 impacting your business?

Oregonians wouldn't follow a shelter order if it was given.

Washco the people are hysterical. Lots of abusing the system and threatening people. I wouldn't be surprised in 2/3 of the cases are false positive. Really the people are a lost cause. Stupid arguments and fights from people that would rather abuse the system than work.

> events with 250 or more people would be stopped

Well, that's interesting. In my country, you can't go to church with more than 30 people. Most churches did the reasonable thing and closed their buildings for visitors; they video-stream now.

However, some the most conservative churches divide attendance of 300 people in 10 "church services, 1 every hour for 10 consecutive hours.
And coincidence or not, the area around those churches have really high COVID-19 incidence as of lately.

What happens if 250 is max for an event? Everybody has events with 249 people; 1 person can still infect 248.

I hope Ms Brown will recognize her error soon, for all those living in Oregon!

LAM probably did the right thing.
What's next is "floor lining" in the whole factory (1,5 meter separated lines / dots everywhere), hand desinfectation units, cancelling al in-person meetings, lunch shifts, maybe two fully isolated teams (like TSMC?), only non-cash payments; the whole thing which Chinese factories are probably already used to for 2 months.
Then hopefully they can start part of their production again; if allowed by government and employees are willing.

Churches and 12-Step groups are meeting virtually in Oregon now.

Grocery stores are limiting the number of people that can enter, and have lines at the entrance with markers spaced every 6 feet.

I drove the car into the office today to pickup mail and run a bank errand, saw plenty of cars on the roads, and lines at the bank for people wanting to enter the building, plus lines for the drive-thru ATMs.

The marijuana businesses look busy.

The Tigard-Tualatin School District will finally start online instruction April 12th, what a long delay in getting started.

> Churches and 12-Step groups are meeting virtually in Oregon now.[/quote]

Happy to hear, OR now also has "stay at home" orders if I understand correctly?

> The marijuana businesses look busy.

Our government announced only 30 minutes in advance (!) coffee shops (the place where you don't by coffee over here) would close; I hope OR does better at managing.
BTW: Next day, "take away" opened, because if you close the coffee shops, it will result in lots of criminal problems.

Lange-rij-voor-coffeeshop-The-Future-in-Delft.jpg

What was an eye opener for me BTW, is how they deal with the schools in Taiwan:

200309-taiwan-coronavirus-mc-902_d4c55e71f551e45d144f6d313b8bb3a1.fit-560w.JPG

I hope everybody in OR stays healthy; listen to the experts & keep your (social) distance, China and now Italy proved it really helps!

Oregon's "stay at home" directive allows for taking walks outside, cycling, exercise in general, although we are asked to stay 6 feet apart while outside or shopping for groceries. This week we are starting to see some masks used. The local parks are closed.

Back