Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world. Learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Our powerful culture has led to us being independently recognized on Fortune 100’s Best Companies List and we are “Great Place to Work” Certified. We’re driven, collaborative, ethical, and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our culture extends far beyond our own walls. Our corporate social responsibility efforts support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability.
At Keysight, Inclusion, Equity & Diversity is an integral part of our core values. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers. We believe everyone should be respected in the workplace and in their communities regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any protected class. We continuously challenge ourselves to grow in our understanding of inclusion by engaging in a wide variety of diversity programs, initiatives, employee network groups and mentoring/development. This is Keysight – People and Culture – YouTube
As part of Keysight, the Network Applications and Security group (NAS) provides testing, visibility, and security solutions, strengthening applications across physical and virtual networks for enterprises and governments, service providers and network equipment manufacturers (NEMs).
You will join a highly talented and motivated team of hardware and software engineers creating a state-of-the-art wireline Ethernet test systems. Based on the very latest generation of FPGAs and multi-core CPUs, test instruments must stay ahead of mainstream offerings in order to validate equipment and networks before deployment. Driven by the ever increasing bandwidth demands from hyperscale data centers and carrier networks, test equipment must constantly support the highest speeds and latest advancements well before they are commercially available. You will have the opportunity to contribute to new and emerging technologies while working with line speeds up to 800Gb and beyond.
NAS is looking for an FPGA intern to work on the wireline Ethernet test products. We work on cutting-edge technologies and standards with FPGA logic running at 600+ MHz and line speeds greater than 800Gb. Keysight believes in providing our people with the flexibility to balance their work and personal life, and preform their best. By allowing for hybrid and remote work we foster a culture of exceptional team work and high performance.
This will be a long term co-op internship lasting approximately 6-12 months working onsite in our Burnaby office.
- Work with a mentor to design, develop, and implement new features and platforms
- Create and developing innovative new products and features
- Drive continuous process and code base improvements
- Enrolled in a B.Sc or M.Sc in EE or CE program
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent written, verbal, presentation communication skills. Must be able to read and interpret complex information.
- Able to cultivate interpersonal relationships and cohesive team interactions and communications.
- VHDL or Verilog proficiency
- Basic C programming knowledge
- Knowledge or experience in the following areas is a plus
- Knowledge of Ethernet technologies from 1G to 400G+ Experience with SerDes up to 100Gbps, memory technologies such as
- DDR4, RLDRAM3, and interconnect protocols such as PCIe and Interlaken
- Understanding of data networks, networking protocols, switch/router operation, and protocol stack implementations is desirable
- Understanding of interpreted languages such at Tcl or Python
Keysight Internship Program Requirements
You must have completed your first year in an accredited college/university and be currently enrolled as of September 2024. Applicants who have graduated before September 2024 will not be considered.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates who require sponsorship in the future may not be considered for this position
British Columbia Pay Range: $25.07 – $32.79
Based on experience, education and skills, most offers will be between the minimum and the midpoint of the Salary Range listed above.
Note: For other locations, pay ranges will vary by region.