Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world. Learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Our powerful culture has led to us being independently recognized on Fortune 100’s Best Companies List and we are “Great Place to Work” Certified. We’re driven, collaborative, ethical, and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our culture extends far beyond our own walls. Our corporate social responsibility efforts support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability.
At Keysight, Inclusion, Equity & Diversity is an integral part of our core values. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers. We believe everyone should be respected in the workplace and in their communities regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any protected class. We continuously challenge ourselves to grow in our understanding of inclusion by engaging in a wide variety of diversity programs, initiatives, employee network groups and mentoring/development. This is Keysight – People and Culture – YouTube
This position is within the KGSO Americas Quality and Engineering Team, which is a fast-growing organization. This team is looking for an IT project manager. The successful candidate will be part of a small team of systems administrators in the regional quality and engineering organization supporting all the calibration software and Windows and Unix hardware used in the Americas.
- Ensure the high uptime of calibration controllers and the SW running on them for the service delivery teams.
- Working with IT and calibration SW developers,
- isolate, troubleshoot, and resolve calibration system problems reported by the service centers or teams operating on customer sites.
- validate updates and enhancements to calibration platforms, infrastructure, and IT policies and security patches prior to implementation.
- Manage the US production PC refresh program to supply the calibration controllers with all the necessary software tools installed. Prepare old machines for disposal.
- Continuously work on process and tool improvement.
On the job training will take place during California business hours. After that, it is highly desirable that the winning candidate be able to support teams starting at 8 a.m. Eastern time.
B.S. degree or higher in a related field (EE, CS,) or equivalent combination of education and experience as well as 2-4+ years of applicable experience in related tasks, such as calibration using automated tools, troubleshooting systems, SW support or development.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems consisting of electronic equipment, printers, computers, and software that control the systems.
- Solid understanding of Windows domain, security/user account control, group policy, etc. and Unix OS.
- Attention to detail, ability to extract relevant technical information from manuals.
- Self-starter, manage own workload independently.
Applicants will be asked to complete relevant work samples as part of the selection process.
- Working knowledge of electronics measurement equipment.
- Familiarity w. Keysight’s calibration platforms.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of low level or scripting programming languages such as C, BASIC, Perl, Python.
- Ticket and program management skills.
Work Location: Any US or Canadian service center site:
• Roseville, CA
• El Segundo, CA
• Richardson, TX
• Nashua, NH
• Elk Horn/Kimballton, IA
• Kanata, Ontario