Since the first publication of hardware related chip vulnerabilities, such as Spectre and Meltdown, vulnerabilities have seen an exponential increase. They exploit weaknesses in semiconductor chip design and low-level firmware and frequently cause irreparable damage across the semiconductor industry affecting both our enterprise and consumer digital infrastructure.
Cycuity offers leading-edge products and services to help customers detect and remediate security weaknesses during the semiconductor design process. Its Radix line of products augments existing chip verification flows and enables design teams to fix security flaws as chips are developed while giving security teams ongoing insight to drive the overall security program.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the SW Engineer – HW Security Analysis will be responsible for developing innovative solutions that shape the way the emerging process of HW security verification and analysis is performed. Focused on the design and development of tools that assist hardware designers and security architects to identify security flaws in their architecture and hardware design. A software engineer is responsible for innovating, designing and implementing solutions that identify hardware security flaws while also considering relevant algorithms/heuristics. Bring your passion for software engineering and you will both be challenged and given a wide-ranging of development experiences as you grow your knowledge and skills along with the company.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of experience or MS/PhD
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of design and architecture of efficient, scalable software systems and data structures to support handling large data sets
- Deep knowledge and demonstratable experience with full-stack development including cloud-based applications
- Strong programming and debugging skills in Java and/or C++
- Ability to operate in a small team and be an effective communicator.
- This position can be based anywhere in the continental USA. Some travel may be required with return to normal business from COVID.
- A background in Computer Security or familiarity with Computer Security topics
- Expert programming and debugging skills in C/C++
- Cloud-oriented experience with cloud development and deployment including containerization (e.g., Docker) plus Kubernetes
- Cloud server provider experience with AWS, Azure, and/or GCS
Cycuity benefits and perks include medical, dental, and vision, 401K, flexible PTO, and a chance to work with a team of hardware security experts and people dedicated to “making a difference”.
You will also have a unique opportunity to grow and advance your career here at Cycuity. Silicon security is just now starting to take hold, so you’ll be able to get in on the ground floor of an evolving and important dimension to our national security.
To apply for this position, please email your resume/cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cycuity is a San Jose, CA based cybersecurity company with a remote first office model that provides industry-leading solutions to address security vulnerabilities overlooked in today’s systems. Cycuity’s innovative hardware security technologies detect and prevent hardware security vulnerabilities from pre-silicon to runtime that are undetectable using current methods of security analysis.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cycuity.com.