The Hardware Engineering group in India is responsible for all SoC hardware and package design at Achronix. It develops and integrates high-speed serial and parallel interface PHYs and controllers, network-on-chip (NoC), clocking & reset, etc. The Hardware Engineering group is hiring a Staff Engineer, who will be responsible for the physical design of IP and IO subsystems or NoC blocks. The employee will own the design from synthesis to GDSII, and will be responsible for all signoff checks, including STA, physical verification and reliability verification. The employee may also contribute to methodology development.
The employee should be self-driven, constantly looking to set the bar higher, and a driver of excellence.
The employee should have a strong background in Tcl and Perl/Python coding.
The employee’s responsibilities will include the following:
· Synthesis, floorplanning and P&R for various IP, IO or NoC subsystems, typically consisting of 2-3M stdcell instances, 50-500 macros, with frequencies in the 1-2GHz range
· Meet all signoff requirements on the given block – STA, PV (DRC, LVS, Antenna, etc.), RV (EM, IR) and FEV
· Potentially own integration blocks, that require structured routing
· Support fullchip and/or subsystem with regular deliveries of blocks
· Contribute to methodologies and best practices across all ASIC physical design
· Participate in meetings with local and global teams spanning Hardware, Systems, Software & Product Engineering
- Good experience with synthesis and physical design, having handled large, complex blocks, with multiple hard macros, end-to-end (RTL2GDSII)
- Expertise with Tcl scripting and Perl/Python automation
- Experience with integration of IO buffers, PLLs, SRAMs, etc.
- Good understanding of either memory interfaces like DDR4/5, serial interfaces like PCIe/Ethernet/PIPE or network-on-chip (NoC) architectures is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intrinsically driven, and always raising the bar
- Ability to take high-level requirements, and create solutions around those. Must be able to see the big picture
- Thrives in a dynamic & fast-paced environment, with a pro-active mindset
- Works well with other team members and has a collaborative approach
- ICC2 expertise is a big plus
- Experience with post-Si characterization is a plus
- BS or MS and 6+ years of experience
- Previous experience in at least 2 product developments, potentially including post-Si bring-up
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.achronix.com.