The successful candidate will work directly with the software development team to design, document, and test robust software user interface solutions for Achronix’s rich set of software tools which support Achronix’s standalone FPGA and Speedcore embedded FPGA (eFPGA) products. Areas covered include:
- IP configuration
- Synthesis, placement, routing and timing optimization
- Visualization and diagramming
- Report generation
- Live hardware debug tools
These tools consist of a desktop application environment using Java and C++, not a mobile app or web interface. You will initially work to extend testing of existing features and develop our GUI test automation framework. Over time, you will collaborate with the SW implementation team on the requirements, design specification, and testing of innovative new features as we progress with software feature development. You will build and utilize your knowledge of our EDA tools to help define new test coverage, test systems, and automation to enhance the quality and reliability of the software system. Use your skills in scripting, test frameworks, Java and C++ to test the Graphical User Interface and backend data processing commands. You will have a unique opportunity to collaborate directly with other Achronix research and development (R&D) software and hardware team members working on next generation hardware IP and software algorithms. Contribute to a culture of agile innovation and continuous quality improvement.
- Strong desire to improve software quality through proven testing techniques and test innovation
- Background in software test and test frameworks, including test automation, code coverage and analytics, and GUI testing (ie. Squish, Eggplant, and Eclipse frameworks)
- Excellent programming, scripting, debugging skills, object-oriented programming techniques, and experience in testing the Java and C++ programming languages
- Excellent communications skills and ability to describe things in a way that is intuitive to others, focusing on end user experience
- Strong analytical skills to understand cause and effect in a large software code base
- Ability to read detailed software specifications to research open questions about a project
- Ability and willingness to try novel approaches to solve difficult software engineering problems
- Familiarity with the Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems, compilers, and IDEs
- Experience using Eclipse for Java and Eclipse RCP development, including experience with SWT, JFace, NatTable, etc.
- Experience in scripting languages such as TCL, Perl, Python, and other user interface languages and data formats like XML and HTML
- Knowledge and experience with EDA software tools (commercial or academic) and FPGA design flow is preferred
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical/Computer, or other related/applied engineering) from a top research university
- Prior years of industrial experience in EDA software test using Java and C++ is a plus
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.achronix.com.