Summary / Role Purpose
This Student Industrial placement position is available for 12 months or 3 months. The position is only available for current university students eligible to work in the UK.
The aim of this position is to give the student relevant industrical experience as a member of the software development team developing the Ansys Motor-CAD multiphysics software product and supporting systems.
In this role, the Intern Student will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to design and implement new software features.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
- Learns and employs best practices
- Performs basic bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Works under the close supervision of a development manager
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Undergraduate in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience of software development or computational numerical analysis
- Strong aptitude in Physics and Mathematics
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Python, C++ or Matlab
- Basic understanding of the software development process
- An understanding of electromagnetics and thermal principles
- Knowledge of electric motors and their applications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.