We have a rare opportunity for a SoC Architect holding in the region of 10 years’ experience to work on project execution acting as design authority from specification to production silicon. You will be supporting sales in understanding the customers’ high-level product concepts and convert these to a concept architecture by performing system architecture design studies from which a commercial proposal (RFQ Response) can be derived for an ASIC project.
What you will be doing
- Providing sales support as part of a customer facing team, to elaborate a customer’s design concept into a commercial IC design service proposal
- Performing architecture design studies to develop a fully costed concept architecture
- Developing reference architectures to address target market segments
- Refining SoC market requirements and developing the SoC architecture specifications, implementation specification, power estimate, security architecture, performance specification, area estimate and silicon floorplan
- You will be involved in the complete SoC development cycle from initial concepts to overseeing final silicon validation, acting as design authority for the project
- Providing technical interface to 3rd party IP providers. Working with IP providers to monitor road-map specification and implementation / deliveries
- Communicating with, influence and support design, verification, physical design, silicon validation, production test and silicon operations
- Taking the lead on innovative and complex projects as an expert and/or demonstrate industry leading expertise in a specific field
- Solving problems of significant complexity and maintaining the high quality of the teamwork produced
- Mentoring junior members of the team and leading large project teams
- Contributing to technical white papers and presenting at internal and external conferences as well as ontributing to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Typically, 8-10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.Skill set one or more of the following:
- System design, SoC implementation, and verification
- Performance analysis
- Power analysis
- Be able to evaluate issues and defines solutions as part of a team or take the lead in solving the issue
- Be able to apply judgment in interpreting results and conduct quantitative analysis
- Passion. If there was a Grand Design TV programme for SoC Architecture, you’d be one of the stars.
- Systems architecture and related SoC architecture understanding
- Application processors
- AI inference
- Functional Safety (ISO 26262, DO.254)
- Cache coherency understanding
- Advanced SoC bus fabrics e.g. NoC’s
- Interface IP experience
- Verilog, Tcl, Perl and or Python, SystemC
Who you are
- A exceptional leader with outstanding communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges and work under pressure
- You have strong organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about driving technology and leading-edge digital design
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating with a multinational team
- You have a self-disciplined approach, managing the priorities of the work assigned to you carefully to make the projects succeed
Where you will work
The Hyderabad office in India typically enjoys basking in the sun with a lovely 31 degrees. “This is one of the reasons why it is such a popular city to work in,” explained Kirthi Kishore, a Staff Engineer. “It is invariably pleasant warm weather unlike Bangalore, which is colder with much more humidity and rain, so we have engineers moving from there to join us. It’s a lovely city with historic architectures that go back several centuries such as the 16th century Charminar Mosque with four minarets as well as great restaurants and shops. Even more importantly, we have an excellent traffic management system so that the cars aren’t stuck in jams unlike some cities where it can take an hour to go one kilometre!” https://www.sondrel.com/careers/where-were-hiring/hyderabad-india
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 24 days annual holiday
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Parental Insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Continuous training with online training platform
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.sondrel.com.