Altair India’s IT Systems (ITS) team is currently seeking highly talented and motivated individual for the position of Networking Specialist.
A successful candidate will be engaged in the design, development, deployment and support for Altair India’s networking and security infrastructure. This person will be confident working in a multi-vendor environment and will participate as a member of a dynamic and global team.
The ITS Team supports Altair’s various commercial software development organizations, product design consulting, sales, support and administrative teams. Altair’s network consists of Windows and Mac desktops, physical and highly virtualized Linux and Windows Server environments as well as many high-performance-computing (HPC) clusters.
Each individual on the Altair ITS Team plays a key role in providing a secure, efficient and effective environment for all of our end-users, facilitating everyone’s productivity and innovation. All ITS team members regularly interact with senior management (VP and C-level) in order to gather requirements and feedback on about our infrastructure.
A place on the ITS Team allows for great visibility and career advancement throughout Altair’s global organization.
Summary: A challenging opportunity to extend, manage and monitor Altair India’s network and security infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions:
- Grow and maintain our world-wide Mesh VPN, using both physical and virtual firewall appliances
- Improve site-to-site and internal security
- Customize, enhance and monitor WAN acceleration across our global network
- Migration/Implementation of IPv6
- Network management of several dozen switches (multi-vendor), related tools and management components
- Further automation in the areas of network log aggregation, flow reporting, and change deployment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in network management:
- Client-to-site and site-to-site VPN
- Intrusion protection and prevention
- IPv4 and IPv6 networking
- WAN acceleration
As Altair has a multi-vendor environment, Altair will provide vendor and internal training specific to our implementation
- Strong network implementation and management
- Proven ability to research, learn and apply new technologies
- Strong team player and ability to interact effectively in a culturally diverse and global organization
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.