Reporting to: Strategic Development Manager
Based: Plymouth, UK
About the Company:
Moortec Semiconductor is no ordinary company. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic self-starters with inquiring minds who are willing to support our cutting edge work in semiconductor IP design. We licence our in-chip monitoring products to a range of Blue Chip companies around the globe. From modest beginnings in 2005, we have now established ourselves as marketleaders and a forward-thinking global company and an industry employer of choice.
Our working environment is welcoming and friendly and you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the industry and world-class Engineers. For some of our roles it doesn’t matter if you’re not from an engineering background but it’s always important you can share our company values of; Expertise, Teamwork, Integrity and Balance.
Employees are offered a challenging and fulfilling career path, where you will be encouraged to let your ideas flourish at every level and be supported in your development to fulfil your potential.
We also offer an excellent salary with a fantastic benefits package, flexible working, regular social events, modern offices located
within the UK and Poland.
About The Role:
As the Senior Linux System Administrator you’ll be working with the IT Team to develop and maintain of a number computersystems that include Linux RH\Centos 6/7/8 Server and Microsoft Windows Server Infrastructure whilst maintaining network security within Moortec.
The team provide support to all Moortec staff, and we provide an approachable and friendly service. Moortec is a small business,
and all members of the IT team are expected to help end users with issues daily. We don’t believe in silos.
The security and integrity of the systems and network is paramount to the role, and as such we expect the role to have significant input to the design and implementation of any security protocols and to ensure that business is proactive in defending its infrastructure from harm.
• Minimum A’ Level or Diploma Level Education (EQF Level 4) – Essential
• IT Professional Qualifications: MCP; MCSA; CCNA; Linux+; Security+ – Essential
• MIS Qualifications: ITIL Foundation – Desirable
• Extensive experience of implementing and maintaining Windows and\or Linux in a complex IT environment – Setting up Domains – Multi location – Using DNS, NIS, DHCP, WSUS and Group Policies
• Switches and Firewall, Implementation and Maintenance (Cisco or equivalent)
• Enterprise Back and Restore Software
• VMware ESXi – Implement Hosts, VM, HA, and maintenance
• AntiVirus/AntiMalware Enterprise console (Sophos)
• Managing Office 365 – Azure – Exchange Management – MFA – Groups –
• Enterprise Hardware – Servers, SANs (Fibre or iSCSI), Storage Solutions (Dell, HP)
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Windows 2016 Server Enterprise Skills; SQL 2016 Administration; Veeam Back & Replication
• Centos 6/7 (Redhat Enterprise) administration
• Cisco Switch and Firewall Administration or other Switch\Firewall Manufacturer – HP and Dell will be accepted
• Office 365 Applications – Licensing and Use
• Microsoft Azure – Office 365 – PowerShell
• Linux Shell Programming
Responsibilities and Duties:
Server Administration and Development covering:
• Create and Manage Virtual Servers in our VMware ESXi environment (experience in vSphere acceptable).
• Create and Manage Linux Compute Environment, including virtual servers on ESXi.
• Develop the Linux Environment to use LDAP security, NFS, DNS and DHCP.
• Create and Maintain Linux environment for users, shells and environmental needs.
• Create and Maintain Python Scripts within the Linux Environment.
• Create and Maintain User and Group Security within the Linux Environment.
• Maintain our Storage Infrastructure (Dell, Synology, Intelliflash) using iSCSI and NFS technologies
• Provide 3rd Party Applications support (Finance and HR Systems).
• Create, Improve and Manage MS Windows Server 2016 Infrastructure, including SQL Server
• Create, Improve and manage of MS Windows users and groups using Active Directory
• Manage and Maintenance Azure AD Cloud Services, and Office 365 Applications, including Skype
• Ensure Multifactor Authentication systems and policies are maintained and enforced
• Support our Backup infrastructure (Veeam Backup and Restore with Cloud storage)
• Ensure End Point Security on Clients and Servers is deployed and updated as needed. (Sophos)
• Provide end user support for both windows and Linux environments
• Liaise with 3rd party suppliers.
Responsibilities & duties continued…
Network administration covering:
- Ensure the Network Firewalls and Switches are up to date with Firmware and Software Updates.
- Maximizes network performance by using monitoring tools; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades
- Manage VPN software and login accounts for remote access and remote office working
- Contribute to the planning, design and implement of remote office network services.
- Continuous Professional Development:
- Keep up to date with latest server technologies and provide feedback to the team.
- Complete Training provided by Moortec within an agreed timeframe.
Salary & Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Supportive career development
• Flexible working
• Company events
• Regular pay reviews
• Company bonus scheme
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Life assurance cover
• HealthShield cash plan (UK)
• Gym Membership (UK)
• Access to company share scheme
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit moortec.com.