What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Linux Kernel Developer to join our Embedded Software team and be part of realizing a whole new paradigm in semiconductors and microprocessor design. The role will be within our Labs organization, where we work on cutting edge technologies and prepare them for rapid commercialization.
The scope of the work is broad, varied, and technically challenging.
- Develop the aspects of the core Linux kernel for standard and non-standard processor architectures
- Customize the Linux kernel to support Codasip’s standard and customized embedded CPU cores.
- Enhance Linux to work with custom RISC-V extensions or even completely new processor architectures developed using our Studio EDA tool
- Support the Embedded Software and Processor Design teams with OS expertise to help optimize software and guide microarchitecture design
- Explore novel compute architectures and technologies
- Collaborate with the team to develop our Yocto-based Linux distribution
- Partner with other internal teams to enhance Codasip’s Studio EDA tool and improve software developer support and integration
- Support silicon bring-up and validation of Codasip IP
- Work on both short-term customer-driven projects as well as longer-term strategic Codasip software products
- Contribute expert advice to both internal and external customers to develop capabilities, skills and processes
- Collaborate with the wider industry and market, especially universities on modern compiler research and standards
What you need:
- Extensive experience of OS development
- Extensive C or C++ and assembly language programming experience
- Knowledge of Linux kernel internals and experience writing Linux device drivers
- Knowledge of high-level hardware microarchitecture and its effects on software performance
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to work
- A desire to learn and also positively influence the technical development of others
- Lateral thinking and problem solving skills
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with RISC-V technologies
- Experience with porting Linux to a new processor architecture or enhancing it to work with new processor hardware enhancements
- Familiarity with OS security concepts
- The ability to communicate effectively at both the technical and management level
- Customer-facing experience
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.