Our client in Windsor, ON is looking for a Technical Synthesis Quality Lead – PSP. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
The Body, Chassis, Interior (BCI) Quality Team is looking for a Technical Synthesis Quality Lead to join our team focused on ensuring all project quality targets are met, managing launch timelines & deliverables and insure the transition to quality volume production.
Specific Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Writes the control sheets for any new part.
- Translates control sheets for the carry-over parts.
- Establishes a quality status of all the incoming parts and fill in SIGAPP accordingly (ensures that the inspection report is complete and that the parts comply with the definition at each stage).
- Loop back with the Design Business line upon arrival of a new part to confirm the need and the nature of the change.
- Analyses all chassis defects detected either on incoming parts, or during the manufacturing process, or on vehicle.
- Performs a daily follow-up of all defects towards the project team.
- Participates to any Chassis line side review with the manufacturing team.
- Writes the process sheets for transitory solutions.
- Asks for any necessary deviation.
- Contributes to the APQP/PPAP process.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Materials /Chemical/ Civil/ Aerospace) from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in automotive chassis/suspension.
- Knowledge of APQP/PPAP & Supplier Quality Manual.
- Statistical data analysis and metrology principles, Root Cause Analysis methods.
- Knowledge of defect resolution, escalation processes and follow up.
- Understanding of vehicle design, assembly, and process control.
- Understanding of tooling and in plant processes.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communications skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop an action plan and drive the procedures for issue resolution.
- Self-motivated. Able to meet deadlines with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- 100% On-site. Occasional travel to the U.S. is required.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP) with matching contributions
- Paid holidays and vacation time off
- Free training on all Altair products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.