Senior Emulation and Prototyping Applications Engineer working with Cadence’s hardware platforms to resolve top customer issues onsite.
As an integral member of the North American Field Applications Engineering (AE) Team, you will work directly with industry leading semiconductor and system companies to deploy Cadence’s market leading Palladium acceleration and emulation platform. In this customer facing role you will provide the front line technical support in the Pre and Post-Sales process and will work with the account team to come up with innovate solutions to address our customers’ most challenging problems.
Locations; Burlington Massachusetts, Dayton Ohio or Orlando Florida.
*Must be able to pass US Department of Defense security clearance.
Key responsibilities in this position are to:
- Establish technical credibility and rapport with the customer and become the go-to expert for all of their technical inquiries and support
- Provide in-depth technical assistance in collaboration with R&D to help support advanced acceleration/emulation flows to secure design wins
- Champion the customer needs and work with R&D and Marketing to develop competitive and creative technical solutions.
- Understand the competitive landscape and continuously work on differentiating Cadence’s solutions.
- Write technical product literature such as application notes and technical articles.
- Review new product proposals and device specifications
The major focus of this role will be on Simulation Acceleration and Transaction Based Acceleration and will require strong skills in the following areas:
- RTL coding and synthesis.
- Verification skills such as UVM testbench architecture, coverage, assertions and debug
- Fundamental SoC Architecture knowledge
- Knowledge of UNIX , C/C++, scripting programming languages such as Perl, TCL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and strong teamwork skills
- Emulation/Acceleration or FPGA prototyping experience strongly desirable.
Education: BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Minimum Experience required: 5+ years
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.