Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Student Internship Program to apply your education to solve real world engineering problems, advance career skills and experience work at Ansys. The student intern will be part of the Application Engineering Team (Ansys Customer Excellence team) focused on Optics. The intern will use the Ansys Optics simulation platform and products to collaborate with a team of expert professionals to accomplish customer support objective. The intern will get an opportunity to interact with Ansys global leaders. The internship will run for 3-6 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create new simulation methodologies, troubleshoot problem set-ups, run simulation benchmarks, and update industry best practices pertaining to modeling and simulation of engineered products & processes
- Develop competence in one or more products working under mentor.
- Update Ansys training course material and Knowledge material
- Create technical marketing content
- Communicate with users on the Ansys community/forum
- Perform literature search to locate relevant publications using Ansys or competitive products, as well as experimental data
- Triage workflow issues, identify root cause and file product defect for RD.
- Write detailed technical reports and present results to Ansys teams
- Network within the Ansys Customer Excellence team to learn various job functions such as presales support, post sales technical support, consulting services, etc.
- Support testing efforts to determine new feature readiness for commercial release
- Participate in various customer interactions such as web meetings and customer visits
- Participate in Ansys events (exhibitions, seminars) and content preparation
- Participate in Ansys internal events
- Co-organize university lectures, workshops and job fairs
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- MS in Engineering, Electrical Engineering with a focus on photonics and/or electronics, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with using Ansys SPEOS, Ansys Zemax or other simulation software involving real world, industry level applications
- Currently enrolled as an engineering graduate student (M.S. or Ph.D.) in an accredited Japan university.
- Ready to work at the advertised location without requiring relocation assistance by Ansys
- Motivated to learn. Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing, understanding, and presenting in fluent English
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Basic experience with Python or other object-oriented programming/scripting languages
- Knowledge of design optimization methods for engineering
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.