Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
Altair is looking for candidates with a passion for Systems Engineer to join our Enterprise Computing support team. The candidate will work on state of the art programs in areas including Systems software, High Performance Computing, Cloud Computing and DevOps. This includes integration and validation of various HPC applications, systems debug and automation.
Our team designs, develops and delivers solutions for our High Performance Computing (HPC) software. Our software stack runs on many of the top supercomputers around the world, so we have high expectations of ourselves in order to maintain a great rapport with all of our customers. We’re also a technically diverse team, with many that have particular specialties, so documenting, collaborating, mentoring and cross-training with each other is a big part of what keeps us in top shape. Our team takes pride in helping our customers succeed!
As part of this team, you will be responsible for reliability engineering, root cause analysis and escalation management for all the Altair HPC stack. This role requires you to equip yourself with multi-disciplinary skills starting from hardware subsystems to complete software stack that operates the HPC systems. You will also be involved in customer deployments, upgrades and meetings, as well as join us at various industry trade shows. Last but not least, you will have the opportunity to put your creative talents to work with new ideas that could revolutionize the way you, your colleagues and our customers work!
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience working with High Performance Computing Workload Managers (PBS Pro, Grid Engine, LSF, SLURM, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in HPC system administration
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
- Expertise in scripting languages such as Unix/Linux shells, Python, etc.
- Knowledge in configuration management frameworks like Ansible, Chef, puppet or Salt
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire for learning new technologies and tools
- Must have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete during quieter periods
- Availability for occasional travel
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage support requests and overhead tasks, without getting distracted by email, chat or other ad-hoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand way
- Experience working with one of the public cloud platforms
- Experience maintaining HPC hardware infrastructure
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Computer Science or Engineering Degree (Mechanical or Aerospace highly preferred)
- Classroom training experience
- Team player with the ability to work and communicate effectively across multiple departments and levels of management
- Ability to adapt to change quickly when tackling unfamiliar tasks and requests
- Working Knowledge of Altair’s High-Performance Computing suite of products preferred
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.