Since the first publication of hardware related chip vulnerabilities, such as Spectre and Meltdown, vulnerabilities have seen an exponential increase. They exploit weaknesses in semiconductor chip design and low-level firmware and frequently cause irreparable damage across the semiconductor industry affecting both our enterprise and consumer digital infrastructure. Such attacks are on the rise.
Cycuity offers leading-edge products and services to help customers detect and remediate security weaknesses during the semiconductor design process. Its Radix line of products augments existing chip verification flows and enables design teams to fix security flaws as chips are developed while giving security teams ongoing insight to drive the overall security program.
The Hardware Security Research/Solution Development will have two major responsibilities split approximately half-time each: (1) providing invaluable security expertise and consultation to the company and its customers and (2) advance Cycuity’s hardware security verification by (a) investigating and applying leading-edge technology or (b) by developing innovative solutions that shape the way the emerging process of HW security verification and analysis is performed. For (2), the former (2a) is more oriented to applied research while the latter (2b) is more oriented towards creating and implementing advanced product technology. Depending upon the candidate’s background and passion, this role will either report to the VP of Engineering with a strong connection to the CTO or report directly to the CTO. This will be jointly determined during the interview process.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide unique insight on security requirements to the engineering team and the company’s customers
- Deliver guidance on, and sometimes prototype, product enhancements to the company’s security products
- Frequently meet with the company’s engineering and customer support teams to provide security consultation and instruction
- Work closely with customers to solve bleeding edge, real-world security challenges
- Create and deliver technical papers and presentations at technical research conferences (2a)
- Experience developing technical products around digital logic in the domains of Simulation, Synthesis or Formal Verification or similar products (2b)
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in technical area such as Computer Science or Engineering (MS or PhD preferred)
- Background in cybersecurity and general cryptographic topics
- Knowledge of system-on-chip (SoC) microarchitectures and their common security constructs
- Experience with hardware security topics including physical and microarchitectural side channels, secure boot, and hardware roots of trust (2a)
- Experience in design and architecture of efficient, scalable software systems and databases (2b)
- Ability to operate in a small team and be an effective communicator.
- This position can be based anywhere in the continental USA. Some travel may be required
Cycuity benefits and perks include medical, dental, and vision, 401K, flexible PTO, and a chance to work with a team of hardware security experts and people dedicated to “making a difference”. You will also have a unique opportunity to grow and advance your career here at Cycuity. Silicon security is just now starting to take hold, so you’ll be able to get in on the ground floor of an evolving and important dimension to our national security.
Cycuity is a San Jose, CA based cybersecurity company that provides industry-leading solutions to address security vulnerabilities overlooked in today’s systems. Cycuity’s innovative hardware security technologies detect and prevent hardware security vulnerabilities from pre-silicon to runtime that are undetectable using current methods of security analysis.
To apply for this position, please email your resume/cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cycuity.com.