We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
“At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization.” -George Kurian, CEO
As a Firmware Engineer in in the Storage Firmware team in the NetApp Core Storage Engineering (CSE) organization, you will work as part of a highly skilled team responsible for the research and development of embedded software used in NetApp storage products. The team is focused on enabling high-capacity, high-performance SAS and NVMe based storage I/O modules and disk shelves. You will participate in all aspects of product lifecycles including design, development, testing and debugging of embedded software for new storage products as well as enhancements to existing NetApp storage products.
Some of the products the Storage Firmware team has helped deliver include disk shelves for NetApp AFF & FAS systems such as the NS224, DS224C DS212C, and DS460C.
- Collaborate with team members on designing and implementing software with a focus on simplicity, reliability, and manageability using C
- Participate in product design, development, verification, testing, troubleshooting, and delivery of storage firmware software releases
- Develop maintainable, efficient, and reliable software
- Participate in customer escalations
- Conduct and participate in technical discussions within the team as well as with other groups across business units in the company
- Excellent C (or C++) programming skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong team mentality
- Familiarity with basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Demonstrated creative and systematic approach to problem solving
- Experience developing in Windows and Linux platforms
- Willingness to learn new skills working with real time operating systems, embedded software development tools, and storage protocols such as SAS, NVMe, SCSI and SATA
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.